Author Topic: For now: avoid turning on Vox Log if you use Kodi with VC  (Read 2115 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
For now: avoid turning on Vox Log if you use Kodi with VC
« on: April 10, 2016, 08:53:31 AM »
Recently we discovered a new repeating socket message in the VC log.

This could cause your log to grow excessively and may affect performance. We are working to address this for a future VC release.

Generally, we recommend that users keep the log disabled except when trouble-shooting issues, but because of this particular situation Kodi users should consider avoiding the log function entirely.

There is no problem with using the history window in VC to monitor communications between Kodi and VC, but for now you should avoid enabling the Vox log.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: For now: avoid turning on Vox Log if you use Kodi with VC
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 11:22:26 AM »
Ah, thanks...i ran into this a few weeks ago...when I saw discovered a massive massive log file.  I thought I had enabled the log before but with less issues...glad to know  You guys are engaged on it.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: For now: avoid turning on Vox Log if you use Kodi with VC
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »
Kodi users can update to VC 2.2.2.0+ and resume logging as needed. The problem has been resolved.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)