Author Topic: Recognize Media Playing  (Read 1737 times)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Recognize Media Playing
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »
Alright team this is the problem I'm running into now. When media is playing Vox is not displaying Playback anymore.
1. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem?
2. Anyway I can get Vox to recognize when something is playing?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Recognize Media Playing
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
What version of VC are you using? By "media" do you mean audio tracks?

Are you saying that, in the past, when a new song started playing there was an on-screen message displaying the song information, and now there isn't? Or do you mean when you ask for song info it isn't displaying, or something else?

In your XJSON plugin settings, do you have the "subscribe to notifications from XBMC" box checked?

On our configuration, we get TTS announcements when a new track starts. We have never had an OSD message. I think that is how the default configuration for Frodo works. Maybe you're thinking of the "Show song info" command? (This is within the "XBMC Get Now Playing Info" command group)
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="845" name="Show song info" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>Player.GetItem&amp;&amp;"playerid":0, "properties": ["title", "album", "artist", "rating","playcount","genre"]</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.ParseTokens</cmdType>
    <cmdString>Song: {item.title} {CR}Artist: {item.artist[[ &amp; ]]} {CR}Genre: {item.genre[[ &amp; ]]}{CR}Rating:{item.rating}{CR}Played {item.playcount} times before</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
    <cmdString>{LastResult}</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Show song info</phrase>
</command>
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:45:12 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »
When I say media I mean anything that is being played (Movies or music). I'm using the newest version. I know before when you play a movie or music on Vox history log it would display an action like XBMC.Playback or something like that. Now when something is playing it doesn't show anything like if nothing is playing.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »
That's really weird.  I thought I was the only one with access to the latest version.  I guess we need to look into our security policies...

You probably need to use the xJSON.connect action.  Normally this is triggered by the XBMC focus event but you can execute it manually.

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 05:58:41 PM »
Focus....Aw just thought about something...Would Focus still work if Vox is on another computer?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
 :biglaugh