Author Topic: Problem with Weather Underground  (Read 2424 times)

Tougharms

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Problem with Weather Underground
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
Hi there,

I have been using VC for a few months now and lurking on the forum. This is my first post so please be gentle with me ;D

I am currently using 1.956 and I have have come up against a problem with the Weather Underground plugin.

I have VC speak the weather using TTS. However, when I request a report now, VC just comes back with "Weather for error, error, error, error"

If I open the wunder plugin and click the test button, I get a dialog box showing the same in text form i.e. Weather for error, error, error, error . If I change the location in the plugin, the test button works, providing the full report in text, but using VC immediately after gives "Weather for error, error, error, error" again. Going back the the plugin gives the errors again unless I change the location.

If I go back to an earlier version (1.919) all is as it should be, with VC reporting "Weather for Friday etc, etc"

Any ideas anyone?

ps James, you're my hero!  :clap
I stood in the shadow of the moon!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Problem with Weather Underground
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 05:44:32 PM »
Hi tougharms.

It is always risky to introduce yourself with a bug report, but I will try to be gentle anyway.  :biglaugh

Of course it is possible there is some special circumstance on your system that I did not predict but in my everyday use the Wunder plugin is working fine including in version 1.9.5.6.

After you choose a location and test it, you must remember to click "Save Options".

After doing this, if it is still not working then please send me your Options.xml file from the voxcommand\plugins\wunder folder.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:46:20 PM »
Also please check: is your system date and time set correctly?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 05:50:23 PM »
Also, would you mind posting the xml for the command that isn't working for you?

And welcome.

P.S. I will probably move this thread, since the "announcements" section isn't the most suitable place for bug reports or support questions.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Tougharms

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 06:40:58 PM »
Thanks for your patience and apologies for posting in wrong section.

I knew I'd do it wrong, its my superpower!

Re: your questions:
"save options" has been repeatedly clicked.
My system time was 2 minutes out. This has been corrected but the same problem occurs - set location, click save options, click test - perfect dialog box result. Speak the instruction and VC says "Weather for error, error, error, error"

Requested info will follow shortly.

Thanks again

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »
The problem seems to be caused by the refresh action.  This action is no longer used.

I am a bit confused about why it is actually causing the error and I will need to look into it, but you can solve the problem by simply editing your command and removing the refresh action.

Any time you use the plugin to access weather information it will automatically check to see how old its data is and if it is more than 15 minutes old it will refresh automatically.  That is why I was wondering if your date/time was set correctly (even though it probably would still work fine).

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I will see if I can fix this so that the refresh action has no effect, rather than causing an error!

Tougharms

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply. As you said, this has solved the problem.

I was sure I had tried that already, guess I must have forgotten to save or restart.

Thanks again, amazing program and unbeatable support. ::bow

Can't wait to see what you think of next.

p.s. what exactly is a group monster?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
p.s. what exactly is a group monster?

It's a programming term.

That I made up.

Because I program in my own special way.

It's just what I was calling the new object (as in object oriented programming) which contained all the group stuff.  I called it a monster because it is a lot of stuff.