Author Topic: Commands and Responses - I just moved over from VA.  (Read 4120 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Commands and Responses - I just moved over from VA.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 06:20:10 AM »
Along the lines of:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.9-->
<command id="132" name="open door lock" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="This command assumes that Homeseer returns a value of 0 when &quot;unlocked&quot; and 1 when &quot;locked&quot;. It also assumes that if the value isn't 0, it will be 1. But you don't need to use the &quot;else&quot;. You could use multiple &quot;if&quot; cases instead, as in your pseudo-code. Just leave the Else section empty and add more logic blocks as desired.">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Scrape</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>http://(HS3 URL)/HomeSeer_REST_API.aspx?function=getdeviceinfo&amp;param1=(DEVICE NAME OF YOUR LOCK)</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>Results.RegEx</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>value="(\d)"</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
    <ifType>(A)==(B)</ifType>
    <ifParams>{Match.1}&amp;&amp;0</ifParams>
    <then>
      <action>
        <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
        <params>
          <param>The door is already open.|No need. Your door was not locked.</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </then>
    <else>
      <action>
        <cmdType>Scrape</cmdType>
        <params>
          <param>(URL to open the door lock)</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
      <action>
        <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
        <params>
          <param>OK. I'm unlocking the door.|Unlocking door.|Your door is now open.</param>
        </params>
        <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
      </action>
    </else>
  </if>
  <phrase>Open the door, Unlock the door</phrase>
</command>
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:22:32 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Cassan0va

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 06:13:32 PM »
You are prob right, gonna play around with kodi and do some more house hold tasks. Read the news, time, events, calendar etc.

Just to grasp VC, just feels abit overwhelming.

Well recording is an option, wanted the feel of more natural speaking or even AI sort.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:20:05 PM by Cassan0va »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 09:13:19 PM »
I don't know whether you want English feedback or another language, but some of Ivona's voices are quite good  (no TTS voice is perfect).

Be sure to get a SAPI5 voice. Text Aloud sells individual Ivona SAPI5 voices for US$45, which is not a terrible price.

Once you've installed the voice, it should show up in the TTS plugin window the next time you open VC.

You can also experiment with adjusting the voice synthesis rate (speed), pitch, and so on if you are not happy with the default settings.

(e.g. http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2138.msg18558#msg18558)

You could always use TTS for some situations but record some of the feedback, of course.

I cannot stop you from feeling overwhelmed, but I think if you are not in a rush to finish your ambitious project you will have more fun with it.

Speaking only for myself -- finding a solution to a challenging problem and learning new ways to use the program is pretty much my favourite hobby.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:15:22 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)