Author Topic: Good price on NeoSpeech TTS SAPI 5 voices  (Read 4281 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Good price on NeoSpeech TTS SAPI 5 voices
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Just happened across this page, which to me looks like a decent deal: http://www.reallusion.com/creative/creative_NeoSpeech.aspx

Am I wrong? Is that normal pricing nowadays for quality voices?

We are fans of Bridget (UK) and Paul (US) in particular. $60 for 4 voices of this quality level is probably worth it if you use TTS a lot with VoxCommando. And just $20 for Bridget!

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Good price on NeoSpeech TTS SAPI 5 voices
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
Just an update on the link to affordable Neospeech voices above (not a new post). I just noticed, on their website, that they claim the following:

"NeoSpeech TTS voices provided can only be used within the Reallusion 32-bit program with a 32-bit OS or 64-bit OS."

I had not seen that previously, and I don't know whether that message was there when I originally posted, but if true, it explains why these popular TTS voices are more affordable than usual.

Does anyone know more about these restricted Neospeech licences? I'm now seeing other products online that come packaged with Neospeech voices, and I'm wondering whether they're all limited in this way, and therefore not likely to work with VC.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 01:44:59 PM »
VoxCommando runs as a 32 bit application (even on 64 bit systems) specifically because a lot of TTS voices only run on 32 bit.  So I don't think this should be an issue for VC.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 02:11:24 PM »
My concern is not the 32-bit vs. 64-bit. It's the statement, " can only be used within the Reallusion ... program".

Reallusion is the site that is selling the voices, in this case to work with their custom avatars. I'm just wondering if the implication is that they've somehow restricted the SAPI5 voices so that they don't function with other programs, only their own, based on some licence agreement that they have with NeoSpeech.