Author Topic: VC Integration Ideas  (Read 2133 times)

DHHJ

• Contributor
    • View Profile
VC Integration Ideas
« on: March 01, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »
Just wondering if it makes sense to start up a new forum discussion area which supports "how to" possibly use VC with various project plans.

What I'm finding is tons of useful forum info on how to use VC with various software and hardware apps, plugins and devices but I'd like to see discussion at the system level. For example, there are comments on using XBMC instead of MCE but how about some info on typical system architectures so that VC use can be maximized (eg. using VC and XBMC together using the following configuration allows for this or that). Or how could one implement a low cost multi-camera alarm capability that could be accessed via VoxWav? What interesting ideas can be supported using various plugins? Vera implementation? Unique USB UIRT applications? Etc.

Just wondering.............

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: VC Integration Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »
Sure, we can start a new board. A few questions:

1. Do you think this should go in the Voxnastics (User Guides and Mods), or the General Discussion section?
2. Not sure what to call such a board. I think your term "Integration Ideas" would make sense though. Do you agree, or would you suggest something else?
3. I'm struggling to come up with a one-sentence description for the new board that we can use on the main forum page. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

DHHJ

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: VC Integration Ideas
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 04:54:27 AM »
Thanks,

1. VoxNastics looks like the appropriate spot.
2. I like "Integration Ideas" as well.
3. How to integrate VoxCommando with......everything! Show us your system ideas.

In looking at the current boards, Tips and Tricks is pretty close. Just want to move it up a level and get into system level ideas more than functionality ideas (if that makes any sense!)