Author Topic: voxwav pro and android kit kat  (Read 8744 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: voxwav pro and android kit kat
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »
The problem remains.
I tried Kalle's code, but only my pc play the sound and i get an 'TTS set to english' OSD on my android phone
Is there a setting in VC itself somewhere that turns off the TTS?
One question: Is it possible that any other app on your android phone is active and use TTS - like a siri clone or similar? Only an idea  ::hmm
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »
In any case, the latest version of VoxWav should speak when you turn the TTS button on, saying "TTS on".  It also speaks when VoxWav starts up, if TTS is on, saying the name of the speech language, while displaying it in a popup.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 09:20:56 AM »
The problem remains.

James is still trying to isolate variables. He's not at a proper keyboard right now, so asked me to post:

1. Can you tell us the make and model of your device?
2. Is your Android TTS working properly with other non-Google apps?
3. Do you have any other TTS engines apart from Google's voices installed, such as svox or Ivona?
4. What languages of Google TTS do you have installed, and which one is set as the default?
5. What are your other language settings in terms of locale and display language?

Thanks!

P.S. It would be helpful to have reports from any users whose TTS does not seem to be working in VoxWav Pro 2.5, as well as any KitKat users who are not experiencing this problem. So please chime in if you see this. :)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 10:39:35 AM »
After posting the new version to the Google Play Store last week as a non-beta release I now have the following statistics:

51 users of VoxWav Pro have Android version 4.3 or later and no other users have reported any problems with the TTS.  (So, 2 users have reported issues so far)

66% of all users have upgraded to the latest version (2.5) of VoxWav. (Not that this really matters since both versions use TTS but I did change the TTS code from one version to the next)

From this I estimate that at least 33 people are using this new version of VoxWav on Android 4.3 or later.  No one has reported any problems with this version either.

So without any more information I will have to consider this case closed.  Of course some users may not use TTS, or may not be communicating their difficulties to me.  If anyone has any information to add I'm all ears!

If someone wants to ship me a KitKat device for debugging that will be fine too ;)