Author Topic: Making VC listen and not listen, and adjust volume  (Read 13962 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Making VC listen and not listen, and adjust volume
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
The Amulet remote has a sensor in it that knows when you are holding it up.

When you lift the remote, the microphone turns on.

It is possible to send events to Voxcommando when the Mic is turned on or off.

Using these events, we can have VoxCommando automatically turn on and off, and optionally perform other actions, such as reducing the volume of music or videos to improve recognition.

In the next post I will explain in more detail how to set this up.  If you still have questions or suggestions, please feel free to post a reply to this topic.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Making VC listen and not listen, and adjust volume
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »
The first thing you need to do is download the extras from the download page:

http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp

click "Download Extras" and you will get the file: "VoxCommandoExtras.zip"
Unzip the files.  The one we need is called: "AmuletUSB"

this program needs to be running at all times.  You can minimize it to the notification area so it won't take up space on your taskbar.  If you want to have this program start every time you start windows there are many ways to do this.  Here is one: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-run-programs-automatically-on-windows-7-system-startup/

Now when this program is running, events should appear in your VoxCommando 'History' pane whever you raise or lower the microphone.  Open the tree editor and drag the events from the history pane onto any command.  From now on, this command will execute automatically when the event occurs.  It is that simple.  You can create custom commands to do whatever you want when the amulet mic turns on or off.

If want a ready made solution, you can start by importing the attached group into your VC command tree.  It contains two commands that will turn VC on and off, and partial-mute and unmute your system volume.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:59:46 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
reserved

for more info...

bader500

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
thanks james

but still i can't control the volume by voxcommando or reduced the system volume by amulet remote  ???
  i ran HDMI cable for sound and change in xbmc audio menu to play through HDMI cable to my A/V receivers Onkyo 809
im still using my receivers remote to control volume :(

its only work when i use tv speaker by Stereo Audio Cable  :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:00:36 PM by bader500 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »
is it possible that you are in fact adjusting the system volume correctly but it is not changing the volume of what you are hearing from XBMC?

in any case I would need much more information from you at this point to be able to help.  I can't guess.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »
if you are using DTS or AC3 pass-through or WASAPI (?) then your computer will always send audio to your receiver at 100% volume and the only way to control the volume is with the receiver itself.

In that case your options are to send volume commands to your receiver (if that is possible) or to use pause/unpause.

When you adjust the volume in XBMC using +/- keys, does that work?  If it does then you can try using xbmc.softmute.

By the way, if you are not comfortable posting in English, feel free to use any language.  We will just use google translate to read it  :D.

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »
Hi James,

Got my amulet up and running using your instructions above, working really well. I am also having an issue with xbmc softmute though. As others have said, the command appears to have executed correctly in the history window but doesn't do anything. My setup is simple enough, hdmi from graphics card to tv. In xbmc audio setttings, output and passthrough device are set to hdmi. Anything else I should check?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 07:54:53 AM »
When you say that the command appears to have executed correctly, what actions does it say have taken place?

You mention xbmc softmute: is this being executed using an xjson.softmute action (within the Amulet On command), and xjson.softunmute in the Amulet Off command?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 09:04:43 AM »
Casmo, please consider posting the command that you are trying to use, as suggested by our Forum Rules, so that we don't have to spend all day guessing what you might be doing.  If you are up to it, consider posting a log file as well.

You should also verify that XBMC is actually able to control the volume in your current setup.  If XBMC can't do it then VC asking XMBC to do it isn't going to work either.

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 10:24:23 AM »
I will have a look later when I get home.

As I mentioned, the cmd I am using is VcGrp_amulet events.xml from the instructions in an earlier post, i haven't made any changes to it..

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
As I mentioned, the cmd I am using is VcGrp_amulet events.xml from the instructions in an earlier post, i haven't made any changes to it..

Actually you did not mention that, but in any case it is not good enough.  Post the xml you are using.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »
Did you run the AmuletUSB.exe? If not, do it. You will find the programm here: http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp Download Voxcommando extras
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 11:39:04 AM »
Did you run the AmuletUSB.exe? If not, do it. You will find the programm here: http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp Download Voxcommando extras

Yes AmuletUSB.exe is running, I've added it to my startup folder. Its all working very well aside from the softmute functionality.
I'll grab the cmd and post the command when I get home.

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 03:34:53 PM »
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="71" name="Listen" enabled="true" alwaysOn="True" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>VC.On</cmdType>
    <cmdString />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XBMC.SoftMute</cmdType>
    <cmdString>50</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <event>Amulet.On</event>
  <VoiceCommands>Sound.PartialMute601VC.On1Amulet.OnVC.Off1Sound.PartialUnMute1Amulet.Off</VoiceCommands>
</command>

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »
And there is your mistake "XBMC.Softmute" and "XBMC.SoftUnmute" is for xbmc Eden  >:D
You must use xjson.softmute and xjson.softunmute to use it with XBMC Frodo.
***********  get excited and make things  **********