Author Topic: My Rainmeter and voxcommando 3d virtual desktop ui  (Read 3365 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
My Rainmeter and voxcommando 3d virtual desktop ui
« on: September 17, 2016, 07:15:51 PM »
https://youtu.be/o_PsbFcVe18

Credit to xtermin8r for the idea of using rainmeter with vox.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 07:48:22 PM by IKROWNI »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: My Rainmeter and voxcommando 3d virtual desktop ui
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »
Neat. Vox, sans vox. :)

So you made the 3D plan of your house using Home Sweet Home software?

Do you have any tips for VC users if they don't have any 3D experience or experience with Rainmeter on errors to avoid or easiest way to get started?

Did you start with an existing floor plan or did you have to take measurements and make that first?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »
Neat. Vox, sans vox. :)

So you made the 3D plan of your house using Home Sweet Home software?

Do you have any tips for VC users if they don't have any 3D experience or experience with Rainmeter on errors to avoid or easiest way to get started?

Did you start with an existing floor plan or did you have to take measurements and make that first?

I made it using the program "Sweet Home 3d" Which is a free program.

I had absolutely 0 experience working wiht 3d objects but after 3-5 days this is where i have gotten so far. I'll take a side by side pic of my kitchen later to show how much detail and how exact you can really get everything.

Rainmeter, while not my first time using it its not something i went into knowing how to make the skins this was all researched and done over a few days. I used  /u/xtermin8r idea from this thread http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1502.msg20028#msg20028 A few things had to be switched around and changed but if anyone is truly curious i could provide a detailed tutorial on the part of rainmeter and voxcommando and making the switching images.

I actually started by pulling my property card from online to get the measurements from the clerk of courts website. After i used that for the basic layout i started decorating and measuring everything lol. My daughter helped out a lot with running around measuring stuff. As i was getting further into it i did start noticing things werent lining up[ right or certain rooms looked larger than they are supposed to be and i found out the clerk of courts had the wrong measurements.

A lot of the models i used came straight from this website https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com there are hundreds of thousands of free ready to use models. I was actually able to rebuild my computer down to the actual pieces and parts making it up in the 3d home model.

I put this up over on reddit as well if you guys want more info or to check out the conversation surrounding it over there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/539hwf/my_rainmeter_and_voxcommando_3d_virtual_desktop_ui/

But yea as i said if anyone wants some examples or a tutorial on achieving this i can whip that up.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:16:03 PM by IKROWNI »

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 11:53:38 AM »
Awesome setup IKROWNI, nice layout and I like how you zoom in on each room, I wonder if this could run on a tablet running windows 10  ::hmm

Clerk of courts (in my area Assessors sites) measurements are usually only good for exterior measurements, internal (Room) measurements are usually an estimate  ;)

great work

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 11:54:38 AM »
thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 12:12:15 PM »
VERY COOL.  I'm impressed by the accuracy of your 3D models too.  I know that stuff can be very time consuming, even when you have experience.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 01:02:46 PM »
It can be very time consuming. Making the layout and floors and basic stuff is pretty simple and easy. But when you start decorating it can take a looooong time. I wanted mine to be as pinpoint accurate as I could get it so I downloaded the program "sketchup"  and started learning how to alter other objects to be closed to what I was looking for. That'd where it started turning into hours of work for 1-2 objects.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »
I wonder if this could run on a tablet running windows 10  ::hmm

Cant see any reason you wouldn't be able to. If you can run vox on there i'm sure you can run rainmeter and be all set. This doesn't take much in resources to run it at all. I see my ram usage go up on rainmeter slightly every 1 second which is the time i have rainmeter set to refresh the skin. I have 8gb of ram and i see it reving up and down between 0.00% and 0.07% every second.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 10:09:20 PM »
Wow, that look like you have a lot of work done - great job.  :clap
***********  get excited and make things  **********