Author Topic: Reminders with a Memory  (Read 11665 times)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Reminders with a Memory
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 08:10:58 AM »
Oh I see. If it's in a code box you can copy and past but if it isn't you have to drag it in. I was just downloading it, selecting all text, copy and paste, then I would get the error. I see the mess up now. Why would it be different? Sorry, I don't know how xml's or any sort of code really works.

If you compare the structure of the file you downloaded to a command group posted in a code box on the forum, you'll see a slight difference.

There's another hierarchical level in the exported file above the group level in order to accommodate the export of multiple groups of commands.

You could have actually copied/pasted the group xml into your tree by opening the file, but you would have had to copy just the command group xml rather than copying all the text.

But that method would be less efficient and is more prone to error than just dragging the file into the tree directly as per the instructions. So I would stick to the drag'n'drop method for exported command xml files.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:19:58 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

outlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 11:54:23 AM »
have a quick question ....this xml is working great other than it will only remind me in hours...like if I say remind me in 1 minute to take out the dinner, and when I ask what reminders do I have it replys ....in 11 hours take out the dinner, ive deleted the reminders log.txt and told vc to cancel all reminders so it will create a new log file, however it still does the same thing....any idea on whats goin on??

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »
have a quick question ....this xml is working great other than it will only remind me in hours...like if I say remind me in 1 minute to take out the dinner, and when I ask what reminders do I have it replys ....in 11 hours take out the dinner, ive deleted the reminders log.txt and told vc to cancel all reminders so it will create a new log file, however it still does the same thing....any idea on whats goin on??

hey outlaw,

which version of the reminders are you using? the updated version (bottom of 1st post) should be using Reminders log2.txt,

also "what reminders do I have" only does math for the remaining minutes and hours, it doesn't count the seconds,

this command can have some trouble with one minute reminders, try testing with 2 minutes reminders

outlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 01:37:14 PM »
hi pegleg. thanks for the response I figured it out  :bonk when I was saying like to remind me in one minute it doesn't like that, but as long as its 2 minutes or more it works fine :) thanks again for your response :)

JonPeyton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 10:57:05 PM »
Very very useful , thanks ever so much! :)