Author Topic: Controlling my wiflights (Milight) with VC  (Read 8703 times)

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Controlling my wiflights (Milight) with VC
« on: April 05, 2014, 11:06:43 PM »
Hi all just thought i'd post the link to my 1st youtubevid with me led lights and vox commando. Not great but at least you can get an idea  :biglaugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIc2xSKsX5I

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:52:27 AM »
Thanks for the video, good job. The MiLight looks really the similar as the Hue, very interesting. If you have done all the colour commands, you can post the group in the XML exchange to share with us, it looks like the MiLight is cheap alternate to the Hue and there is also a controller for LED stipes available.

:clap
***********  get excited and make things  **********

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:41:07 AM »
Hi Kalle, I will do the colours and share that xml with you. thanks for reminding me of that. I still want to double check with James if the dll he put together for me that I am so thankful for will be included in the next update for vox. Suppose without that the xml might be seen as corrupt?? not sure. But James sure did a great job for me and helped me so much in the 30min he spent with me... hence I am so bummed that I haven't made any of the hangout sessions lately. Fell asleep at 2 am this morning missing it by 30minutes but ill do my best for next time.

Also very keen to look at those LED strips  ;D they do look cool

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 10:14:33 AM »
Hey thanks for posting the video.  Looks great.  The lights are very responsive.  In case you are building this into a larger set of commands I always recommend that people try to avoid single word commands like "white".  Of course it's up to you and whatever works, works.  Just my opinion...

I updated the TCP plugin to add the action "TCP.UDP.SendMixed".  I believe this update is included in the latest release for both VC1 and VC2.

If you want to attend the next hangout we can try to choose a different time.  I am not likely to be able to do it earlier, but I could do it later so that you could get up a bit earlier in the morning to join us.

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 02:34:17 AM »
thanks for the update James and I am really looking forward to deploying the lights all throughout the house now! And the single word commands make good sense so thanks for the heads up there as well. That will save me so much time going forward if i do it right from the get go.

I also look forward to the next hangout session and I am more than willing to meet at any time over a weekend. I was just back at class this week and it clearly took it out of me :) 

Graves

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:44:07 PM »
Hey Mdsh i was wondering if you would share your final xml with me. My lights are arriving Friday. Also curious did u ever expand into the led strips?

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »
Hi Graves, I sent you a PM and I will be more than happy to share my xml with you. I never got these strips but id image they would work in a similar manner to the lights.

I will upload my xml as soon as I can for you

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 04:07:38 AM »
Here we are... some xml files for you to test. Just a few notes

The XBMC one is set up for the White LED lights (not RGB) so the UDP string might look somewhat different and it is triggered my the play feature in xbmc (dim) and the stop will set it to 100% again. Only media that is added to library though. Not files you just open

The UDP wifilights xml is for my room and two entries here (ON\OFF) have an action trigger (event trigger) linked to them. This is coming from my Vera lite unit and detecting motion from my motion sensor sends an event to VC and VC in turn turns lights on when it sees motion or in 20 minuts with no motion will switch them off again

The Fancy stuff was James being his usual clever self. He wipped these together in 2 seconds and I just sat doing  :bonk
Not sure if this will work for you with just the xml as James also set some items in phase only and phase, value xml sets

Let me know if these work for you

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »
Hi mdsh,

Could you please attach also the 2 payload xml files, wifilightsgroups.xml & wificolours.xml

I think for sure people who want to try these commands will need those payload xmls files to get started. They'll be in the payloads directory of your VoxCommando folder (i.e., wherever you've installed VC).

Thanks for posting this!
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Graves

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:25 AM »
Thank u mdsh. I will try these soon, but im thinking i will aslo need the payloads too.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 10:05:56 PM »
@Graves - I can't guarantee these will work because I'm just guessing based on what I've read online and what I'm seeing in the commands the mdsh posted, but you can give the attached payload xml files a try.

If not, hopefully he'll see your request sometime soon.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:48:23 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 09:20:53 AM »
Mdsh is currently on a business trip but has promised to upload the rest of his relevant files when he gets home.

Graves

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »
@nime5ter. Thank u but i still need the wifilightgroup payload.  doesnt seem to be working without it

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 10:18:43 AM »
Hi,

I guess I accidentally named the groups payload xml differently.

Just rename the payload xml file I posted above from "wifigroups.xml" to "wifilightsgroups.xml", which is what that payload file is called in mdsh's commands.

That said, these files are only needed for the few commands that require them. If the other commands are not yet working for you, then the payload xml files are not going to make a difference.

mdsh

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »
Good day guys, sorry for the delay in reply. I was away for work but back home now.
Please find the payloads attached and let me know if you have any other problems. Also Graves how are you gettig on with your LED lights?

The attached xml files are located under the payloads folder in my VC install. Not sure if locations makes a difference (dont think so as youll specify where they are but just in case )