Author Topic: Two way dialogue samples  (Read 1834 times)

ddl

• View Profile
Two way dialogue samples
« on: December 27, 2013, 06:49:38 PM »
Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me out with a project that I am working on that will include highlighting Vox Commando’s features and benefits.

My company which operates in the US is primarily a residential remodeling and home technology integration company.  In the next couple weeks to help promote my business I am having a video produced that will highlight some of the home automation products that my company offers. 

Additionally, I plan to place emphasis on a select few of my favorite products and will demonstrate its features and benefits.  The demonstration will take place in my showroom and I would like to include Vox Commando as it is one of my favorites. 

To help spice up this video I was wondering if you could offer any ideas/commands that will allow me to highlight Vox Commandos ability to engage in a two way conversation.  This does not have to be extravagant but I would like it to include something unique..

Any help would be appreciated.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Two way dialogue samples
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
My advice is to make sure it either does something useful, or provides some kind of useful information about your environment, weather, or other data you might care about.  Straight two way conversation with a computer without accomplishing something gets old fast (IMO).

If you come up with something, post the command xml here and I will let you know if I have any suggestions on how you could improve it.

Otherwise, I think your request is far too vague for you to expect much of a response from anyone.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »
Personally, I like the conditional weather dialogues that have been posted to the forum. Dave has previously posted some fun commands, if you search the forum.

If you're a dog owner, something along the lines of:

"Computer, do you know what time it is?"
[computer gives time]
"I guess it's time to walk Marmaduke."
[amenable computer agrees.]
"What's it like out there?"
[Computer gives current weather/provides a conditional response depending on temperature and precipitation etc.].

Here's a very simplified version of the above, suitable for Canadian winter weather. It would have to be adapted for a U.S. audience (it uses Celsius degrees, not Fahrenheit, for one thing).

For "real world" uses the weather responses could definitely be more sophisticated and comprehensive. But if you're recording your video soon and have an idea of the expected conditions, it would be better to keep it simple and create command conditions that will work well just for the purpose of your demonstration.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<commandGroup open="True" name="Dog walking weather" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="801" name="What time is it" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
      <cmdString>It's currently, {ShortTime}.</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
      <cmdString>It's currently {ShortTime}.</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>What time is it, Do you know what time it is, Any idea what time it is, Is it time to walk Marmaduke</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="746" name="I'm going to walk the dog" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>TTS.SpeakSync</cmdType>
      <cmdString>Good idea. Marmaduke will be happy to hear it.</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdString>Make sure you're dressed for the weather.|Are you dressed for today's weather?</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>I'm going to walk the dog, Time to walk Marmaduke, I guess it's walkie time</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="733" name="Current weather" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>WUnder.GetCustom</cmdType>
      <cmdString>{C.temp_c}</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
      <ifType>(A)&lt;(B)</ifType>
      <ifParams>{LastResult}&amp;&amp;5</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdString>It's chilly out there, only {LastResult}, degrees. Don't forget your jacket.</cmdString>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else>
        <action>
          <cmdString>It's {LastResult}, degrees. Could be worse.</cmdString>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </else>
    </if>
    <action>
      <cmdType>WUnder.GetCustom</cmdType>
      <cmdString>{C.weather}</cmdString>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
      <ifType>(A)Contains(B)</ifType>
      <ifParams>{LastResult}&amp;&amp;Rain</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdString>In case you haven't looked out the window, it's currently raining. You may want to bring your umbrella.</cmdString>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
      <ifType>(A)Contains(B)</ifType>
      <ifParams>{LastResult}&amp;&amp;Snow</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdString>There's also, {LastResult}, so make sure you're wearing good boots.</cmdString>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
    <phrase>What's it like outside, What's the weather like</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:56:10 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »
(The above obviously requires activation of the WUnder plugin, with the location localized to wherever you're at in the plugin settings.)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

ryz4eva

• Chasing The Tech Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »
although it may be a little expensive, could you mock up a home automation system?

ask vox to turn the light on, light comes on, vox tells you that its done?/asks how bright you want the light?
Rocking:
Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG Nexus 4
Voxcommando
Eventghost
XBMC Frodo
Vera Lite

View my site to see what im up to with vox...

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
Thanks all... Points taken.  I think I will implement the weather code to us as an example.

ryz4eva - What do you mean by "mock up home automation system?"

ryz4eva

• Chasing The Tech Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:31 AM »
Well if you go on youtube, you can see plenty of examples of people at conventions who are presenting a home automation systems or products , for example
&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

If you can give the clients the ability to see a system being controlled by their voice, even if its just turning on a light, and then have tts confirmation then it would be a great
Rocking:
Lenovo Ideapad Z580
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG Nexus 4
Voxcommando
Eventghost
XBMC Frodo
Vera Lite

View my site to see what im up to with vox...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 05:18:18 PM »
In other words when he said "mock up" he did not mean "mock up".  He meant buy a home automation system.  :biglaugh