Author Topic: Veralite communications with VoxComando  (Read 8994 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Veralite communications with VoxComando
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 11:28:18 PM »
2. I cannot get the status of the lock using Vera.Get.Status. It should be in the above log file.

What does this mean exactly.  Does the action throw an error or does it always return the same status whether the door is locked or not?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »
is this command able to return the correct status of the lock?

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="195" name="vera test raw check status" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Vera.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>data_request?id=lu_variableget&amp;DeviceNum=44&amp;serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DoorLock1&amp;Variable=Status</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
    <cmdString>{LastResult}</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
</command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 08:50:41 AM »
In any case you should be getting scene events so even if you don't get an event for the lock device, any scenes associated with the lock should be firing events in VoxCommando.

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
I'm not at home so I didn't want to attempt to lock/unlock but executing the xml provided by James seems to return the correct status (1) while Vera.Get.Status always returns 0.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 08:47:28 PM »
Good to have that confirmed, thanks.

When you have a chance to try the Vera.Raw lock/unlock actions, let us know how that goes (including whether you're seeing events in the history panel if the lock changes its status).

... I think you said before that you have the "poll/generate events" box checked for sure in the Vera plugin settings, right? You're seeing both device and scene events in the history panel whenever those have been activated somehow? (Except the lock?)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
I can conform the Vera.Raw commands provide by James do work but are slow (lock takes about 10 seconds to react).
Indeed the ""poll/generate events" option is selected in the plugin and I do see device/scene events in the history window except for the lock.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 04:01:06 PM »
If the lock appears to be slow to react that will be due to some Vera / Lock issue and not have anything to do with VC or the fact that you are using Raw actions.  Either your Vera is busy, or there is an issue with the lock or the way it is being polled.

Based on your logs there is no way that I can make the events for your lock generate correctly because Vera is not sending the correct status for your lock, but since your scene events are working you can use them instead of the lock's device event.

So at this point the only thing I can do is to add 2 new actions "Vera.SetLockState" and "Vera.Get.LockState" which will work exactly the same way as the Raw actions I provided above but will be easier to use.

If for some reason you made a mistake when generating your VC log and in fact Vera does send the correct values for the "Locked" and  or "Status" variables, please send me a new log file.  (In the log you posted earlier  "Locked" always had a value of "1" and status always had a value of "0")

thanks  ;D

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 06:29:36 PM »
I agree the performance of the raw commands is not related to VC.  I was just mentioning in general as I've always found them to be slower.  Plus my network is getting bigger so that could also add to performance issues.  I may need to do some tweaking on Vera (per recommendations on the micasaverde forum) to improve this.

When I walk over to the lock and lock/unlock it, I do see activity in the VC log but I also see System.NullReferenceException: logged in there. Not sure if that means anything but I've attached the log file showing this.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:02:18 PM by hpooni »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »
I was just mentioning in general as I've always found them to be slower. 
I am sorry, I don't understand.  What have you found to be slower relative to what?

Thanks for the new log.  I will check it out.  In general, please check your logs and remove anything that might be private like lock codes before uploading.  It looks like there might be something in there but I don't know enough about it to know if those would be the actual codes.  I have downloaded your latest log in case you want to remove the attachment from your post.

hpooni

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 10:05:11 PM »
I meant, the http commands seem to be slower than using the vera api.
Thanks for letting me know but the actual codes are not in the log file.  I've deleted the file from my post anyway.