Author Topic: Idle Standby  (Read 1539 times)

mrmagica

• View Profile
Idle Standby
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:42:54 PM »
My VC setup is working fairly well ini practice however I find in real life situations it tends to fall down - clearly due totally on my part to bad programming.

the two problems I need to resolve well:

1) Events are randomly triggered from audio in the room. In which case I've realized VC MUST be on standby most of the time.

2) Cannot control VC with any ambient noise, or of course trigger a VC.On or VC.standby command if any music is playing etc.

Does VC have a feature, or could it be put in that if VC hasn't recevied a confirmed command and carried out an action it will timeout into standby after a certain time?

I don't want to use VC.Single as that doesn't work when you want to string a few commands together (eg "subtitles", "next subtitles", or "go right, "go right", "select". I used a 7s timer to trigger another event of "VC.Standby" which works to a point but became a little unpredictable.

Also with VC.Single, if I add a mute/partialmute event as I need too, but then don't issue a command it will never stop listening or resume the volume. I'd like it to flick back on if no one gives a command.

mrmagica

• View Profile
Re: Idle Standby
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 02:17:04 PM »
Thanks, I stupidly missed the time out - fantastic works far better already!

One more question. I'm using VC.OnSingle Bit confused. If I run the event, it puts the computer into listen mode. Next command Single is activated, next command the computer will be put into standby.

It seems to be working more like VC.OnDouble right now - eg 2 inputs requrired to go back into stadnby not one!

This is the macro....

<macro>
<action actiontype="VC.OnSingle" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring></paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="Sound.PartialUnMute" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring></paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="TTS.Speak" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>instructions?</paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="XJson.Raw" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>player.setspeed&amp;&amp;"playerid":1,"speed":-1</paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="XJson.Raw" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>player.setspeed&amp;&amp;"playerid":1,"speed":0</paramstring></action>
<action actiontype="Sound.PartialMute" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>10</paramstring></action>
</macro>
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:21:35 PM by mrmagica »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
Are you triggering this command with an event?

The VC.OnSingle was originally designed and tested using a voice command, and it was working fine.  Recently I created a USB button from an old keyboard and I tried to use this action by triggering an event with the button.  I found the same thing as you.  It was acting as OnDouble.

So I have corrected the issue (AFAIK) and the next release will contain the fix.

mrmagica

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
yah triggered by an event. Glad got a little bug sorted!