Author Topic: VoxWav TTS questions  (Read 8666 times)

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: VoxWav TTS questions
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:18 PM »
Yes, all my devices are on a 192.168.0.0/24 network.  I'll do some more testing next chance I get, creating a checklist, let me know if you have any other ideas.

Test VC Config - Install fresh VC and test
Test Server NIC issues - Install fresh VC on Host with no VMs/VNICs and test
Test Android Device - Test with different Android Devices using VoxWav Free/Pro
Test Windows Firewall - Check Port/Disable and test
Test Network Infrastructure - Setup spare wireless router to eliminate network congestion or UDP blocking
Test Plumbling - drink beer during above testing to cover all bases

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »
In VoxWav UDP settings you can try to target the IP of the VC host instead of broadcasting to 255.255.255.255 but this won't work with the current version if you are trying to switch between hosts so I'm mostly suggesting it as a diagnostic.

I can also add an event in tcpwav plugin that fires at the beginning of transmission.  I think the current event fires at the end, but I'm not at a PC right now.

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 01:39:55 AM »
Ok, I'm retarded.  At some point it looks like I changed the UDP port on the problem (main) host.  It does like it may have effected the Hello packets as well, as it now shows up on Hello message now, but only after the 2nd attempt initially (and I still get the virtual NICS responding as well, but I can see that they are not the real network address).  

So problem resolved as far as getting AV.Mic.On / Off to show up in the log window.

Only issue I see now is that I can't use different UDP ports for both servers - the UDP Broadcast Port setting in VoxWav appears to be global.  This causes an issue if I create a Prefix duck to mute/partially mute VOX on AV.Mic.On/Off for both servers.  

If I use VoxWav on my Android phone, it will partially mute both servers as the UDB is broadcasted and both servers pick up AV.Mic.On and react to it.  WAF factor on my randomly muting her tv show/movie is not approved.  For now I have left off prefix ducking on the server in the living room.

*updated XML code on earlier post to replace with AV.Mic.On
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:43:18 AM by gizak »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »
You should be able to edit your hosts.txt file, and put the port of the VC host between the two colons.  I haven't tested this recently, but I seem to recall that's how it's supposed to work.  You'll have hello problems but that's really for beginners, once you get a hosts.txt set up you don't need it.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »
Try this new test version of the TcpMic plugin.  It should generate this event when VoxWav starts recording that does not rely on UDP:

Code: [Select]
TcpMic.NewClient
The payload of that event should be the IP of the Android device, in case that comes in handy for some reason.

This dll also includes some new experimental features for detecting silence and processing the voice commands right away, so you can leave it on and issue multiple commands.  This should be considered an alpha feature, and I am thinking I will probably move some or all of this to VoxWav instead so that we are not streaming audio silence.  Also the noise threshold would probably need to be different for each android device, depending on how sensitive the mic on it is.

Note: the file goes in your VC\plugins\TcpMic folder and should overwrite the existing TcpMic.dll file

[NB: Info in this post is valid. However, the dll attachment has been deleted because this feature is now standard in VC's TcpMic plugin.]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:41:35 AM by nime5ter »

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »
I get into work, check the forums and BAM, James to the rescue...  now I have to wait until I get home again!  You freakin rock!  ::bow  Of course, I have family festivities to attend tonight as well, but will report back when I get some time to play again.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »
I tried to 'what movie is this' but only heard it on my VC / win machine and not VoxWav, is there some config i'm missing?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 08:24:48 AM »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:21:37 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 09:57:59 AM »
VoxWav documentation is here: http://voxwav.wikispaces.com/Comparison+-+Free+vs.+Pro
Gotcha, I asked this question, then saw this thread and didnt see the diffs b/w free vs pro. Thanks nime5ter