Author Topic: Danish Dictus and Voxc.  (Read 1908 times)

drumcode

• View Profile
Danish Dictus and Voxc.
« on: October 07, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »
hi
just a question.

is it possible to use a Danih speak recognize software like Dictus and getting this to work with voxcommando / xbmc.   ??

danish win7 doesnt support speak out of the box.

best regards K.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Danish Dictus and Voxc.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »
hi
just a question.

is it possible to use a Danih speak recognize software like Dictus and getting this to work with voxcommando / xbmc.   ??

danish win7 doesnt support speak out of the box.

best regards K.
Hi drumcode and welcome in VC-Forum. I think this is not possible - VoxCommando use the Windows-Speech-API, pleasr take a look here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=756.msg5916#msg5916

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

drumcode

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »
thanks kalle.

ah ok its using win api, then it wont work.    is it some how possible to let VC "think" i am talking english, when i am talking danish??   referering to the post you linked to?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:48:08 AM »
Hi drumcode and welcome in VC-Forum. I think this is not possible - VoxCommando use the Windows-Speech-API, pleasr take a look here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=756.msg5916#msg5916

Kalle
Yes this is possible - you can do this with the command phrase. Here an example that I use with german speech recognation in VC:

A TV channel is named in english "national geographic" and I use as command phrase this pronunciation with german speechrecognation "näschenell tschiogräfik"

It is a bit hard for me to  explain this in english.

[attachment=1]

Kalle
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:17:55 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 12:09:45 PM »
If you want to use the English speech recognition engine but say Danish words, then you can try to spell the word phonetically to simulate the sound.

for example, (I am using Google translate since I don't speak any Danish).

If you want a command for "luk vindue" ("close window") you should write your phrase in VoxCommando as:

Look Windoo

I am guessing that "Look Windoo" will work based on the sound file that google translate plays for me.

Using this method you might get acceptable results for regular commands.  You will run into trouble though for payloads such as artist names, ranges of numbers etc.