Author Topic: GetRandomP issue  (Read 6307 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: GetRandomP issue
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 07:46:34 PM »
yeah I knew you meant prefix, but I'm more interested in creating commands that can serve multiple purposes, which is why I created a command to return filenames rather than one to play random wavs.
Anyway the (*.wav) was just an example.  You should be able to do (hi??.wav) or (?all*.wav) etc. to match agains filenames.

I was not joking about the command I uploaded.  I thought it would work.  It works fine for me.  note that after you enable a plugin you must restart VoxCommando.

You can send all sorts of stuff to VC using UDP and in the future via the http server plugin.

Check out Tellvox which is in the "extras" found here: http://voxcommando.com/downloads.asp

Tellvox  uses UDP.  With it you can trigger events, call any action, or send text to emulate recognition on.  You can also drop .wav files in a folder and have VC recognize the speech in the .wav

There is also a commandline program called udpsender that does the same thing as tellvox if you want to call it from another program.  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=414.msg2815#msg2815

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 09:35:42 AM »
As for the secret command, I am not sure whether you are serious or not, as the secret command doesn't work even if I enable Bing addon (only speaksync/speak). Unless you are hinting about upcoming function for the thing I explained to you in another place and you are going to call it that secret command? ;)
My mistake.  You need to put the attached .dll in the main VC directory for that command to work.

Unless you are hinting about upcoming function for the thing I explained to you in another place and you are going to call it that secret command? ;)
If that is the case, then I might help with providing a command line utility that automate it if you like. I was intending to create it to use it for other things, but if it help here then why not.
Yes.  Please share whatever you come up with.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »
I added the new file commands and created a new install version 0.944

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=751.0

Here are some sample commands using the new File actions:

tria

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
Thanks man, this is really great. I'll make sure test them, and use them instead of the payload method. I'll also try the Bing plugin again.

As for Arabic not working, did you encode the url parameters before you query/send the HTTP request? You see, most Latin-based languages are easy to pass, but other languages requires you to escape the characters (eventually they will look something like %D0%F5%66%45...). This way the server will get them properly and unescape them (if the server support other languages/utf-8 etc). Most current browsers do this transparently without affecting the URL, but in reality they do that once they send the request.

Your Arabic text example in the XML file for googlespeak was really funny, let me translate it back to you: "This is the biggest program any time passed create" :D
I know, I know, blame the translator ;)

I will see if I can come up with anything, but the problem is that I must use UDP for message passing. Can't you just implement a way to listen for the output stream for another process (mine), and get the binary audio file (for TTS) or as text (for Speech Recognition). For the later I could play the audio on behalf of VC, but for the first it is impossible to pass the audio from VC or the text back to VC without writing a plugin and/or using udp. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again for the update.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 11:50:08 AM »
As for Arabic not working, did you encode the url parameters before you query/send the HTTP request?
Yes, I am familiar with this concept.  It is not that it "does not work".  Bing does not offer TTS for Arabic.  If you go to http://www.microsofttranslator.com/ you will see that you can translate to French, and then click the speaker icon to get the TTS.  You can also translate to Arabic, but then you will notice that there is no speaker icon.

Your Arabic text example in the XML file for googlespeak was really funny, let me translate it back to you: "This is the biggest program any time passed create" :D
That's funny, because that is EXACTLY what I wanted to say.  :P

I will see if I can come up with anything, but the problem is that I must use UDP for message passing. Can't you just implement a way to listen for the output stream for another process (mine), and get the binary audio file (for TTS) or as text (for Speech Recognition). For the later I could play the audio on behalf of VC, but for the first it is impossible to pass the audio from VC or the text back to VC without writing a plugin and/or using udp. I'll see what I can do.

I'm not sure I fully follow your line of though here, but I cringe at your use of the word "just".  It also sounds much more complicated than writing the few lines of code necessary to send UDP.

As far as audio streams go, I'm not too clear on the implementation you have in mind or why this is necessary to pass audio in either direction.  I can't think of a reason why audio would need to be passed in either direction.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »
It's a bit of a complex topic(s)  -- the audio streams thing.

If you want to continue the conversation maybe we should do it via email, or even Skype.

tria

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »
Just tested the GetRandomFile with PlayWav, and it is way better than my previous approach.

Yes, I guess we are going off topic. I'll finish the utility first, and then think about how to communicate with VC. I'll make sure to contact you by then.

Thanks jitterjames.