Author Topic: VoIP Softphone  (Read 9620 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoIP Softphone
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »
If you use Kalle's example for the payloadXML you should still be able to call bria the way you were doing it before

Launch.RawParam: {Path} C:\Program Files (x86)\CounterPath\CounterPath Bria Professional\BriaProfessional.exe {Parameters} dial="{1}"

this will be more reliable than using dxinput.  I assume that bria will work with this parameter whether it is already running or not, but anyway, you probably have it running all the time.

I think this tutorial will be very helpful for you to watch so that you can understand a bit better how to work with payloads:

part A   

part B   
&feature=relmfu

thanks Kalle for "manning the phones" while I was away  (as usual) :biglaugh

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
thanks Kalle for "manning the phones" while I was away  (as usual)

::wave  no problem  ;D
***********  get excited and make things  **********

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 10:02:16 PM »
it works up to the point of dialing,   If I don't add (   -dial="{1}"  ) it will not place the call. To dial you must do it manually hit {Enter} I guess I will need to add it to the command... But the other way Launch.RawParam: {Path} C:\Program Files (x86)\CounterPath\CounterPath Bria Professional\BriaProfessional.exe {Parameters} dial="{1}" works and dials right away so I will use a combination of what you did and use dial="{1}" to have it auto dial. I like the logic idea but I am not sure how to add the logic and use dial="{1}" at the same time. I will play with this some more... Thanks for getting me on the right path.....

PS. I use this as my main phone, so it is always on.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:09:30 PM by mparks »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »
I'm not too sure what you are saying.  It works or it doesn't?

anyway.  I was able to test on Bria 2.2 and the following works perfectly.  It doesn't matter if Bria is running or not.  Hopefully it will work with Bria 3 as well.

Import the group and place the phonebook.xml in your payloads folder.

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 12:55:03 AM »
You guys rock. This is working well. Oh and forget about my last post, things always sound better in my head.
Now, I need a nice clean way to convert all 200+ contacts including emails and addresses to this format, I wouldn't suppose anyone would have an easier solution than copy past.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
Copy and paste is not so bad is it?  I mean, if you only have to do it once, not 200+ times...

-Export your Bria contacts to a CSV file.
-Open this file in Excel
-Arrange two columns side by side with the contact names on the right (phrase) and the number on the left (values). 
-Select all the cells in the two columns (see image)
-Open a payloadXML file in VC to edit it.
-Right-Click the row selector (see image)
-choose "Paste Rows From Clipboard"

you are done.

I can probably write a GenXML that will get the data from Bria but it will take me a long time to get around to it because I have a lot going on right now and I think you are the only person using VC and Bria (for now).  I am happy to do it though, you'll just have to be patient.  Feel free to remind me in 2-3 weeks if you haven't heard anything from me on this subject.  If you could create some test data for me that would help.  Contact me by email about this please.

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »
Thank you james, and thank you for the offer, no need to write anything this is very clear and easy to do, it's the solution I was looking for,. Thank you again.

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
I have abandon Bria and found a VoIP softphone that does everything I have been trying to do with Bria.

I am now using Mizu Softpone (http://www.mizu-voip.com/Products/Softphone.aspx) the full version cost me as much as Bria but with a lot more support and the list of features are a mile long.

Best of all it has an API that might play nice with Vox (http://www.mizu-voip.com/Portals/0/Files/Softphone_API.pdf) It also has hotkeys for everything and I mean everything so even if I can’t get the api to work there is more than enough hotkeys to do the job.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
poor Bria, nobody loves her anymore.  :'(

I will check out this new product and its api when I get a chance.  It may not be for a little while, but I will have a look.

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »
hi everyone

is there a download link for bria 3.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 02:53:37 AM »
I'm not sure where you can download it, I bought my copy from CounterPath website. But apart from the design, I did not like it much, I was having to many problems.
MizuPhone is much better and seems to work well with Vox, mainly because off all the hotkeys it supports and the they offer an unlock trail version to play with.