Author Topic: Opening windows at an absolute size & position  (Read 6049 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Opening windows at an absolute size & position
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 02:00:51 AM »
Right now my workaround is to have an autohotkey script monitor my clipboard and when it detects a change , it does a keypress (spacebar) which vox can detect using the keyboard hook plug-in . I just thought there might be a better way within vox

@nime5ter
I do not use AH script as well but from what I remember it is has access to windows shell... So he should be able to call any exe he wants!!! ... As to why trigger event rather than just TTS ... I assume after he hears the move of the computer ... He wants to issue his move by voice like, move the rook from A4 to G4 ... And that VC will pass A4 G4 to the chess software ... And if one get Carried on can even add simple move validation like a rook can't go from A2 to C5 !!! ::)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:06:42 AM by Haddood »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 08:54:01 AM »
This still doesn't explain why you would send an event instead of directly sending a TTS action.  Anyway I think it is up to the OP to let us know if he still needs help trying to implement our suggestions.

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
@Haddood -- I don't use AH, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. If he can do that from an AH script, why wouldn't he just have AH send a TTS action directly? Why trigger an event?

i.e.
Code: [Select]
VoxCommando.exe -33000 "TTS.Speak&&E2 to E3"http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Command_line#Perform_Actions

Because I use Denise as a talking head , not TTS , so I have to use the scrape function anyway to use Denise .

danderson

• View Profile

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions , I had no idea that there was a text to speech for autohotkey . But in my case , I use Denise as a talking head .Is there a way to do that scrape function in autohotkey ?

Anyway here is what I have so far , but needs improvements . I purposely made bad moves to cut it short , I'm not really this bad.
&feature=youtu.be
dan

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions , I had no idea that there was a text to speech for autohotkey . But in my case , I use Denise as a talking head.

I would be surprised if it were not possible but I don't actually use AHK so you should look for help on their wiki/forums if you want to try doing this. 

It is probably easier for you to just use events and your existing scrape actions in VC.

danderson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »
Thank you very much James , I have learned a lot from this, I'm going to explore this a little further.
dan

ddl

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »
Dan,

I watched your VoxCommando videos on your youtube channel. Can you post your script for the Guile3d Show/Hide command on the forum?  I am working with VC to something similar.

Thanks

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
Show/hide, bot size ... and a lot of more for Guile3D is allready described in my pdf-file.  :o

Please start from here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1650.msg14744#msg14744

and you will find also find some post below in this posts a tutorial as pdf file.
***********  get excited and make things  **********