Author Topic: Remote update GenXML?  (Read 1455 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Remote update GenXML?
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:48:40 AM »
I see that I think technically it would be possible to drop a prerecorded wav file on the share.
Not familiar with UDP broadcasts but I have another script that performs tasks and does some manual reconciliation of my XBMC datbase and was curious about on a remote install of VC would it be possible to auto regen genXML after that script completed?
either just maintenance like nightly or ondemand somehow?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Remote update GenXML?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
I see that I think technically it would be possible to drop a prerecorded wav file on the share.
Not familiar with UDP broadcasts but I have another script that performs tasks and does some manual reconciliation of my XBMC datbase and was curious about on a remote install of VC would it be possible to auto regen genXML after that script completed?
either just maintenance like nightly or ondemand somehow?

I'm not understanding you.  Can you please rephrase this post.  What are you asking?  I find your opening sentence particularly confusing, and I don't see what is has to do with your subject heading.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 07:20:32 PM »
I have some script(s) running on a remote machine (not the machine running VC).
Was curious if possible to remotely instantiate a Generate XML to VoxCommando from another machine, the only way I think of doing this was dropping a prerecorded wav "generate xml" and using the network share to process it and have VC auto regenerate the XML

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
Oh.  You could do that, but it would be a bit like killing a mosquito with a cannon. I think it would make a lot more sense to send a udp message.  If the script is running in XBMC it should be easy enough to modify your script to send a udp message with just a few lines of python.  You can also send udp via a command line .exe