Author Topic: Where/how to contact re license / purchase questions?  (Read 2827 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Where/how to contact re license / purchase questions?
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:26:12 AM »
I tried searching on the main page which encourages contact regarding purchasing questions.
 Sorry can't believe I just came across this app, now but have been on Linux and really making me want to swap to windows.  I read the bad reviews for Kinect which I was very hopeful for since I already have one.
Currently using a virtual box VM on my Mac that I always have round and just using the standard mic and its pretty dang good.

So now I'm just trying to see what i want to do and get my setup after demoing and just want to have a better handle on scenarios on how the purchase/licensing works going forward.

Cheers.  Amazing app/efforts.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Where/how to contact re license / purchase questions?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:53:10 AM »
I tried searching on the main page which encourages contact regarding purchasing questions.
 Sorry can't believe I just came across this app, now but have been on Linux and really making me want to swap to windows.  I read the bad reviews for Kinect which I was very hopeful for since I already have one.
Currently using a virtual box VM on my Mac that I always have round and just using the standard mic and its pretty dang good.

So now I'm just trying to see what i want to do and get my setup after demoing and just want to have a better handle on scenarios on how the purchase/licensing works going forward.

Cheers.  Amazing app/efforts.
Hi vulcanjedi and welcome in VoxCommando-forum. You can take a look here for the purchase/licensing info http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=392.msg2341#msg2341
If you have special questions about this things, you can write a post to "jitterjames", you become normaly very fast an answer.

I hope it helps you

Kalle
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:56:21 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:47:04 AM »
Thanks Kalie, Ive only begun to see the potential of this app, hopefully the forum community is great too.  Also thanks for not laughing that I  am using my Mac's mic and running a Oracle VirtualBox hosting a Window VM to connect to my Linux HTPC...haha. Like I said demoing VoxCommando makes me want to go get a new Windows HTPC,  I actually don't know the other OSes very well but its a testament to great devs and online communities that I got it working as a bit convoluted as it may seem. It amazing is working very well. Looking forward to learning more about the app and how everyone can get it working so it does whatever we want :)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:49:42 AM by vulcanjedi »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Thanks Kalie, Ive only begun to see the potential of this app, hopefully the forum community is great too.  Also thanks for not laughing that I  am using my Mac's mic and running a Oracle VirtualBox hosting a Window VM to connect to my Linux HTPC...haha. Like I said demoing VoxCommando makes me want to go get a new Windows HTPC,  I actually don't know the other OSes very well but its a testament to great devs and online communities that I got it working as a bit convoluted as it may seem. It amazing is working very well. Looking forward to learning more about the app and how everyone can get it working so it does whatever we want :)

Thanks  ::wave, the people here in the forum are the nicest that I know, nobody here is laugh on another (only we make a joke).
It is interesting that VC works with VM on the Mac - another member (ajith) has managed that VC run on Linux.
We look forward to hear more from you  ;)

Kalle
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:04:18 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »
Actually, we laugh at Kalle all the time  :biglaugh

OK, we are laughing WITH him, not AT him.  :bignod

Welcome to the forum Vulcan Jedi.  I can say without hesitation that the forum users are actually the best thing about VoxCommando!
What questions do you have about licensing?  You can pm me or send an email to info --- voxcommando --- com

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »
Well James you are not only brilliant but you have great taste.  I have a Onkyo amp too, and a Samsung TV so if that ad hoc plugin works too I may just put my Harmony remote on ebay.  I'll be paying up rather soon. Likely several friends too after I demo this! :)

Great stuff. Portable, light, highly extensible and great support. 

A fan,
VulcanJedi

alexandrerpo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
I'm buying the vox because he really is very good and flexible.
Indication of Wanilton.
I'm about to change my Dell for a Dell XPS 8500. I can then change the license to the new PC?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 12:05:04 PM »
I'm buying the vox because he really is very good and flexible.
Indication of Wanilton.
I'm about to change my Dell for a Dell XPS 8500. I can then change the license to the new PC?
Hi alexandrerpo,

If you are going to be upgrading soon you should probably wait and just use the demo mode for now.

But yes, you can install and register on a second machine.  ;D

LOCOSP

• View Profile
    • LOCOSP.ORG
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:27:36 AM »
I bought Vox because James want me to do so :)

When He said: " Aplifire ON, TV ON, play some Jazz, buy a VOXCOMMANDO ..." so i had to do it ;)  ;D

But really, thanks to MrWolf, He showed me that brilliant App ;)