Author Topic: Trigger commands based on window focus  (Read 5988 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Trigger commands based on window focus
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 09:48:40 AM »
Can you explain a bit more about the "active only for process", does this mean that all hotkeys in the Abobe group will only work if the Adobe program is active?

so if I use the Phrase "Switch to the next window" while Photoshop is active and in focus it will trigger the hotkeys, then when I give focus to MS Word and issue the same Phrase will trigger the MS word hotkey combo not the photoshop hotkeys combo.

Yes this is what it does.  Do I need to explain more?  It means that the entire group will be disabled except when that program has focus.  It won't be listening for any of those commands when it is inactive.  On the main VC window you can see which groups are currently active by switching from the "history" tab to the "groups" tab.  The only other thing I can add is that if you put an ! in front of the process name in the group properties, then the group will only be active when that program does NOT have focus.  ! is commonly used to mean NOT.

If you want to be more efficient about it, you could create a group with universal commands that are common to all the programs you are using that is always on. Of course this only makes sense if such key-combos exist, that are common to all the programs.

mparks

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »
Wow such a small yet powerful feature. Thank you both.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »
Wow such a small yet powerful feature. Thank you both.
Teamwork is always the best  :clap

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********