Author Topic: Disable group vs unload group  (Read 1460 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Disable group vs unload group
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:57:29 PM »
I thought to discuss this idea here as opposed to put as a request .... As I am not sure if it is doable
Is it possible to create group unload and load commands? Or make it an option on how disable work.

As I know for a while now VC has an amazing feature of loading groups separately, which makes small ones available in no time rather than waiting for all to load...

As well I have noticed that disabled groups commands are still recognised but not executed. Which, in some cases, cause VC to get confused (and it is not easy to create very distinct commands when the command tree grow complex and long) ... I had this happening more frequently since I added Netflix commands and XBMC

So I was thinking that if one can load those groups only when needed ... Instead of just enabling them... I understand that it will take longer to make the commands available (though in most cases I think it is neglectible)  ... But we gain less confusion on VC side / mor reliability  ... And as a bonus much neater log and history window
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Disable group vs unload group
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 03:07:02 PM »
As well I have noticed that disabled groups commands are still recognised but not executed.

No this is not how it works.  When a group is disabled the commands will not be recognized.  If your commands in disabled groups are being recognized then something is wrong.  Either the groups that you are trying to disable are not being disabled or there is something wrong in VC.

I have personally never had a problem with commands in disabled groups being recognized.

The only advantage of having groups unloaded as opposed to disabled would be to save memory, but it would also be difficult to implement, and probably reduce stability.

You should be able to verify if a group is really enabled or disabled in the groups tab on the main VC window.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »
I had my doubts... Will try to observe more and try document when it happens and under what scenario ... It might be just a bug in the group rebuild as well ... As I noticed this for the first time while working on Netflix commands
Or pure confusion on my side
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
I believe that when a group is rebuilt it will be reset to whatever the default state is as defined by its XML (as set in the tree editor) so maybe that is what you are seeing.