Author Topic: Battlefield 4 XML  (Read 1877 times)

Repoman

• View Profile
Battlefield 4 XML
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:49:19 AM »
I created set of voice commands to help out my game play in BF4. That way I don't have to take my hands off the mouse and mains keys while playing. So now that I have a few setup it appears that they don't work. So I need someone here that has BF4 and Voxcommando to test it on there end.

XML file is attached.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Battlefield 4 XML
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:25:34 AM »
I created set of voice commands to help out my game play in BF4. That way I don't have to take my hands off the mouse and mains keys while playing. So now that I have a few setup it appears that they don't work.

Can you clarify this statement a bit?  Was it working at some point, and when you added some more commands, it stopped working?  Or did it never work?

Can you also please tell us a bit more than "they don't work".  Please read the forum rules.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:39:49 AM »
This xml file is completely empty.  So I guess that would explain why it does not work...  :biglaugh

Repoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 02:25:41 PM »
Only thing that works are the TTS parts. I have tested them in notepad and they do type out the key stroke for that command. Sorry about the xml being empty. I thought it was good, I attached another.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »
1) You are using a mix of sendkeys and dxinput.keypress actions.  You should just pick one that works and stick with that.

2) You must have the dxinput plugin enabled

3) It is pointless to keep using the DxInput.SetDelay action and a delay of 2 milliseconds is probably too short so your key presses won't register.  I recommend that you remove all these actions from all your commands and set the delay in the plugin settings.  Start with a longer delay like 50 and see if it works.  The idea is to set this to the smallest value that still works reliably.  This is the time that the virtual key will be pressed down for.

I don't have this game and it probably would behave differently on different systems anyway but even if you set everything up correctly, some games just don't work with keyboard emulation.