Author Topic: Folder Size  (Read 1305 times)

bigred

• View Profile
Folder Size
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:54:55 AM »
Hi!
   This is my first post so please be gentle. :)
I have a very physically disabled brother and it looks as though VoxCommando may be just the right thing for him to access his music movies etc.
We are going to buy him the Amulet remote.
The only question I have is if there is a limit to the amount of movies music etc that VoxCommando can handle.
He has over 2,000 movies and 3,000 music albums all ripped from the various family menbers and friends DVDs etc.
Will VoxCommando navigate through all of this and be able to find whatever he wants amongst all of this?
Cheers,
Leon

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Folder Size
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:24:53 AM »
Hi BigRed.

Welcome to you and your bro.

2000 movies will probably be fine.  3000 albums is OK, but you may have to disable the ability to play songs by name.  Or maybe it will be fine, I can't say for sure, and it will depend on your system and also on how cleanly tagged your files are.  I have about 9000 songs and no problems.

I encourage you to try the free version of VC with a cheap wired, or USB microphone first to see how it goes, and get to know the program.  If you like it, buy a license and get the coupon code to save $40 on the Amulet Remote.  I am happy to help in any way so don't be shy.  

Will your brother be able to lift the Amulet when he wants to speak commands?

bigred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:36:21 AM »
Hi!
Thanks for getting back so soon.
He can move 2 fingers and that enables him to trigger a gadget that will be able to bring the remote to his mouth.
His speech is very clear so that won't be an issue.
I have to go now to help get him settled for the night as it's 10.34 pm here in Australia.
I will buy a cheap mike tomorrow and do as you say with regards a trial and get back to you with the results.
Cheers Again,
Leon

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »
Depending on his setup and how long he stays in one spot, there might be other solutions that make more sense than using an Amulet.  We can discuss it further when you have played with the program a bit.

A good microphone (or headset) correctly positioned might be better for him, and more responsive than an amulet, and with his finders he can turn VoxCommando on and off and also reduce the volume of the computer when VC is listening.  Think of an intercom button.