Author Topic: Recording Memo's... Brian voicememo please...  (Read 1752 times)

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Recording Memo's... Brian voicememo please...
« on: June 03, 2012, 03:03:49 AM »
Simple idea... Well in theory....

I want to be able to ask Brian to take a note..  Not in dictation form but simply to just record me.  and then have me be able to cease recording by stating an end command such as.   "Stop recording, end voicememo" etc..

I imagine this would involve activating some sort of audio recording software, preferably one that can stay minimized.  Voxcommando would have to temporarily disable it's input and only reactivate on a certain prefix. 

I was planning to also assign the folder where the audio files are recorded to a folder and then create a playlist in XBMC that would routinely monitor this folder and play back the most recent recordings when requested.  Simply so I can then say "Hey Brian, remind me of today's memo's" or a command along those lines...

What do you guys think of the feasibility of this, am I missing any great issue here.....  Thanks all....

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Recording Memo's... Brian voicememo please...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 03:06:05 AM »
http://www.nch.com.au/recordpad/index.html

If I can find a free version of this, then I am in luck...  Command line driven...  Good

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:45:19 AM »
Simple idea... Well in theory....

I want to be able to ask Brian to take a note..  Not in dictation form but simply to just record me.  and then have me be able to cease recording by stating an end command such as.   "Stop recording, end voicememo" etc..

I imagine this would involve activating some sort of audio recording software, preferably one that can stay minimized.  Voxcommando would have to temporarily disable it's input and only reactivate on a certain prefix. 

I was planning to also assign the folder where the audio files are recorded to a folder and then create a playlist in XBMC that would routinely monitor this folder and play back the most recent recordings when requested.  Simply so I can then say "Hey Brian, remind me of today's memo's" or a command along those lines...

What do you guys think of the feasibility of this, am I missing any great issue here.....  Thanks all....
I'll give you a start point  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:43:26 AM »
Hahahah OMG is it that easy...  Far out...  I did not realize James had built this in as a feature..  Brilliant...

Thanks Kalle...  LOL  Loving your start points :D

thesystemera

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:48:39 AM »
Haha... Ohh actually...  Sorry not quite what I want... I want my own voice recorded...  Not Brians :biglaugh

Still is a cool feature..... could come in useful for some other ideas..

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
Hahahah OMG is it that easy...  Far out...  I did not realize James had built this in as a feature..  Brilliant...

Thanks Kalle...  LOL  Loving your start points :D
;D
I think you love this one too
It create a "shopping list" with actual date, and store all what you said with a payload dictation. You can also delete the last item in the list, if the dictation was not really recognized.
It can read aloud your "shopping list"
Some commands need work, like "send to printer" or "send as sms" ...

Have fun
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 10:32:04 AM »
http://www.nch.com.au/recordpad/index.html

If I can find a free version of this, then I am in luck...  Command line driven...  Good

for a free command line utility that can record audio, you should check out SOX

http://sox.sourceforge.net/