Author Topic: PC Hardware  (Read 1214 times)

Vangelis

• $upporter
    • View Profile
PC Hardware
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:09:15 AM »
Probably been covered a zillion times, however I did a search and looked on the Wiki and could not find anything...

What would be the min hardware spec for running VC? I ask this as i am looking at the HTPC / Intel NUC type machines. They will run Win7/8, but wanted to know if there was any min spec say on Processor (eg Celeron etc)

Thoughts?

Vangelis

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: PC Hardware
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »
I'm not aware of any precise minimum other than being able to run windows 7.  If you want to run VC and run XBMC etc I think an i3 would be a safe minimum, but VC will run on a single core atom. The one I tested was a netbook with 2 gig ram, and it was and older version of VC but it should work. I think there is still a YouTube out there.

I still like to have some breathing room though.  The number of commands and the size of your payload XML files will determine the actual needs.  With plenty of ram, if VC is the only thing running, response time will probably depend as much on the quality of your mic as your CPU speed.

Vangelis

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
Thanks James. Just didn't want to fall at the first hurdle. Will just be for Audio (iTunes) but may evolve  ;)

Vangelis

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:19:58 AM »
Well then as long as you have a reasonable amount of RAM and your library is not massive you'll be fine I think.