Author Topic: PleXBMC  (Read 4289 times)

Huzz456

• View Profile
PleXBMC
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:58:41 AM »
Hi

Loving having just found this, hours of tinkering commence :)

I use PleXBMC addon in xbmc to navigate and watch all my tv shows and movies and am wondering if there is a way to get all the relavent commands in voxcommando to point to the tv shows and movies in that addon instead of the xbmc library?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: PleXBMC
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »
Hi Huzz,

I'm sorry to say I really have no idea about this, and I don't have the time to start installing Plex Media Server etc.

Did you try to get information using the xJson GenXML method?

Maybe another user will come along that has some more experience with this.

Huzz456

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
Hi James

Yes I used Json to generate info and all is working as it should its just that when I ask to go to movies it takes me to the xbmc movie library but where I want to go is the plexbmc addon movie section. I was hoping there may be a way to redirect where the commands take you but perhaps this is more complicated than I realise

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »
If you just want to jump to the main addon window that is probably doable, but it you want to jump to individual items by name, or play movies by name within this plugin, it's probably going to be complicated, or worse.  The problem is that I personally know nothing about this plugin, or about plex media server.  If you want to let me into your system with screensharing or something, I can take a look, and try to come up with something.

Huzz456

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »
Thats very kind of you James and would be much appreciated. I guess getting it to be able to go to individual items probably would be too complicated but it wouldnt hurt you having a dig around my sytem to see whats possible and whats not. Im in the UK so we might have a slight timing issue, whens good for you?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »
now is good.  email or pm me about this.

Huzz456

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
im at work at the mo unfortunately, probably sometime next week will be best but ill pm you about it

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »
I dont use Plex too, but one idea is map the interface of plex, you will see that each button have a Id, so, you can simulate button click in the window.
But a better way its watch inside the plugin and see what each button does and then replicate the actions in Vox, if is something that json cant do (like a execbuiltin) the VoxTools will do the job.
I believe that James will take care of this, but if i can help, let me know.
Clayton

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »
Ok, which is your interface ?
For wath i can see until now, the plugin create several lists, then use WINDOW.setProperty to keep and show the information, so we need to know witch skin you are using to can map it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:24:44 PM by claymic »

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »
Ok, when you get sometime you can test this command. Go to your xbmc home and then run the command. This will force the plugin to open the main window. If works we just need to know what skin you are using and then use a sendClick or setFocus (VoxTooils) and force the plext to show what you want.
Code: [Select]
<action actiontype="XJson.Raw" repeat="1" logic="False"><paramstring>Addons.ExecuteAddon&amp;&amp;"addonid":"plugin.video.plexbmc","params":["skin"]</paramstring></action>Clayton

Huzz456

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
Hi claymic

Im sorry to say im very new to vox and am not quite sure how i would go about running that command in the homescreen, what would i need to do? If its too long to explain then just point me in the direction of the info and id be happy to read up so hopefully i can stop being an annoying noob :)

Thanks for your help

Oh and im running aeon nox 4

claymic

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »
Sorry Huzz my bad.
This is a action for Vox. Copy the code, go to VoxCommando, add a new Command and past the code.
Open your XBMC and then go back to Vox and run the command.
I did not know that Aeon Nox had a support for plex, i never used any of them.
How you open the Plex in Aeon Nox ?

Huzz456

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »
Thanks claymic, ill give it a go when a get some time and let you know.

Im running the plexbmc addon in aeon nox 4 then i've just changed the homescreen menus so tv shows goes to the addon tv shows and same for movies. It all looks exactly the same and plays the files locally rather than transcoding thanks to hippojays great work.