Author Topic: Start VC in standby mode  (Read 4823 times)

catch22

• View Profile
Start VC in standby mode
« on: November 17, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
Hi
I'm using VC with mediaportal but would like it only to wake up when I issue the control command (or whatever the wake-up phrase is called) but when The machine start VC starts in active mode how do I get it to start in standby mode.

Cheers

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Start VC in standby mode
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:00:27 AM »
Hi
I'm using VC with mediaportal but would like it only to wake up when I issue the control command (or whatever the wake-up phrase is called) but when The machine start VC starts in active mode how do I get it to start in standby mode.

Cheers

Hi catch22, here the easy way - start VC with this commandline parameter: "yourdrive:\yourVCfolder\VoxCommando.exe" -standby

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

catch22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:28:13 AM »
Hi
Thanks for the reply and although that will work I'd prefer if I didn't have to create a batch file that starts VC and then put that in the startup folder. Two too many depenedenices. Is there a way it can be set so that VC itself remembers?

cheers

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 07:23:01 AM »
Hi
Thanks for the reply and although that will work I'd prefer if I didn't have to create a batch file that starts VC and then put that in the startup folder. Two too many depenedenices. Is there a way it can be set so that VC itself remembers?

cheers

Ups, you understand me complete wrong  :o you need no batch file.

Create a shortcut for VC in your autostart folder, do a right click on it - go to properties and write -standby at the end of the target line  ;)

Kalle
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:58:36 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
Kalle is 100% correct, and I believe this is the best way to accomplish what you want.

However, there is also the VC.Loaded event which fires when VC first starts up.  You can assign this event to a command that does whatever start-up actions you want, including VC.standby if you want.  I use this with a welcome TTS message.

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »
I need a help! can i turne voxcommando on with my voice if it s off on Red? is that possible ? thanks you al ready

Max

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »
No it is not possible.  If it is not on, then it can't respond to voice commands.

If it is in standby mode (yellow) then you can use voice commands to turn it green.

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »
but it´s possible to turne on with just one click on my keyboard of on my windows remote control?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »
Yes it is possible.  There is a plugin for VC called hook that could be used to generate an event based on certain keyboard combinations, or you can use eventghost with a number of different remotes to send an event to VC.

What kind of remote do you have, and do you use any special software with it?

But remember, you can still use a voice command to tell VC to listen, but you do it from standby mode, not from off mode.  It sounded like that is what you wanted.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:35:40 PM by jitterjames »

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 07:34:57 AM »
Yes that's exactly what i mean.... i thought that was possible from off mode to on mode! Because if i m watching a movie and VC is on standbay mode than something vc repond to the sound of movie and that sometimes annoying .. did you know maybe why is that? im not using any software with VC.

I have MCE v2 Remote..

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:24 AM »
Voxcommando tries to understand any sound that it hears. It does not magically know when sound is intended for it and when that sound is coming from a movie, or people just talking.  

The best approach is to use a microphone setup which reduces the "extra" sounds going to VC so that it is not confused by them.  

Another method is to turn VC completely off (red) when not giving commands.  This is why amulet remote and VoxWav are very popular.  You could use event ghost to do this with your remote but it is a bit complicated to set up.  You can also use hook with a keyboard combination.

If you still want to use VC with a microphone that records all sound in the room and is always listening, then you should change the phrase for the listen command, to something that is less likely to trigger by accident.  A longer single phrase (with no alternates) will not trigger by accident as often.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:38:05 AM by jitterjames »

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply. i'll try the first method.