Author Topic: VoxCommando unresponsive after get (artist/year/album) info...  (Read 2414 times)

baxtr5

• $upporter
    • View Profile
VoxCommando unresponsive after get (artist/year/album) info...
« on: September 02, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
Hey JitterJames.
I love VoxCommando and think that your work is pure genius.  Im running the latest version of VoxCommando and MediaMonkey (not beta 4) in Windows 7, and it is incredibly simple and fun to play whatever song I want while driving in my car with prefix mode enabled. Just awesome.  My music database is managed by MediaMonkey and I have generated my XML with a full restart, and my voice commands work quite well.
My only issue comes when I ask VoxCommando what artist/album/year/rating the current song is.  When I do, VoxCommando becomes unresponsive as MediaMonkey continues to play.  When I close MediaMonkey, my info is then displayed and said, and then VoxCommando becomes responsive again.  I tried a new/fresh install, but it did not solve my issue.  I then installed to a completely new folder...got rid of my commands from my original tree editor (the one that I run VoxCommando with) and took new commands from the Bin.xml of the fresh install.  Still, my problem was not solved. 
I ended up deleting my MMBasic Get commands so that VoxCommando could run smoothly, but really miss that awesome feature.  Can you help me to understand what I have done wrong?
Thanks!
 ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxCommando unresponsive after get (artist/year/album) info...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »
Hi Baxtr5,

thank-you for the praise :)

take a look at your sound output settings in MM.  Are you possibly outputting some kind of direct digital signal?  Wasapi?  Try changing to an analog only output mode and see if it fixes the problem.  I have something similar happen with XBMC when I am using direct digital sound output.  The TTS engine tries to add sound into the analog "pipe" but the output is locked and doesn't accept it.

Try some different sound output settings in MM and let me know if it works.  I'm not sure what the solution would be if you want to keep using your digital output (if it sounds noticeably better in that mode) perhaps pausing the music instead of muting/softmuting it?  I await your report.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 05:55:56 AM »
also, are you using microsoft anna?  If not try it and tell me if it does the same thing.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:15:18 AM »
Hey JitterJames.
I love VoxCommando and think that your work is pure genius.  Im running the latest version of VoxCommando and MediaMonkey (not beta 4) in Windows 7, and it is incredibly simple and fun to play whatever song I want while driving in my car with prefix mode enabled. Just awesome.  My music database is managed by MediaMonkey and I have generated my XML with a full restart, and my voice commands work quite well.
My only issue comes when I ask VoxCommando what artist/album/year/rating the current song is.  When I do, VoxCommando becomes unresponsive as MediaMonkey continues to play.  When I close MediaMonkey, my info is then displayed and said, and then VoxCommando becomes responsive again.  I tried a new/fresh install, but it did not solve my issue.  I then installed to a completely new folder...got rid of my commands from my original tree editor (the one that I run VoxCommando with) and took new commands from the Bin.xml of the fresh install.  Still, my problem was not solved. 
I ended up deleting my MMBasic Get commands so that VoxCommando could run smoothly, but really miss that awesome feature.  Can you help me to understand what I have done wrong?
Thanks!
 ;D
Is it the same when you have paused the song in MM and ask then for artist...?

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 06:37:56 AM »
Kalle, what you are doing up at 5AM?  Oh wait, that's me...

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
Kalle, what you are doing up at 5AM?  Oh wait, that's me...
Ha ha, 10 am in germany, sleep well  :D

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

baxtr5

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:33:34 PM »
You guys are awesome!
There was some kinda problem with my audio sync.  I tried changing my audio output plugins in MM from DirectSound Output (only option was computer Realtek HD Driver) to waveOutput (which is Microsoft Sound Mapper) and got problems with both programs trying to use the sound card, so I changed it back.  I then tried to tinker with some options with my RealTek HD Audio Card and turned everything off in the "enhancements" menu, including the "immediate mode" option.  AND IT WORKED! It works great and awesomely.
Ive tested it for at least 6-7hrs of playback and it just works great.
Thanks for your help
Baxtr5  ;D

baxtr5

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
ps...I am using Cepstral Duncan as my TTS voice, as Microsoft Anna is kinda soft n hard to hear. Duncan sounds like a rugged irishman. Ha.  Works great too.  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »
sounds like you mostly figured it out on your own.  Glad you got it sorted out.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:48:59 AM by jitterjames »