Author Topic: headset test: Sennheiser DW10 Office  (Read 3589 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
headset test: Sennheiser DW10 Office
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »
New hardware test: Sennheiser Office DW10-DECT headset

[attachment=1]

I’ve tested a new headset with VoxCommando and by the way this is one of the best that I’ve used with VoxCommando.
This headset is normally a professional office phone headset and the price is also professional 200-400 EUR. I had luck and make a bargain of the year and bought it NEW for only 40 EUR on ebay.  8)

Installation:

Plug’n Play with USB – Windows 7 recognized it as headset, no software required. This headset can also connect to a normal phone with a wire and it switched automatically when a call comes in.
It can be used also as softphone with skype, Lync, etc.
The design looks very futuristic like a “borg cube”. The material and the processing are made of high quality. The headset weight is only 22 gram.
For more information you can take a look here:

German: http://de-de.sennheiser.com/kabelloses-headset-office-handfreies-telefon-dw

English: http://en-de.sennheiser.com/wireless-headset-office-hands-free-dect-dw

Using with VoxCommando:

To use this headset is amazing the confidence with a non-trained speech profile is always over 90%.
I’ve tested the range from each room (basement until the second floor) to the base without any quality loss. This headset works with DECT standard (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) and the wireless range inside are up to 55 meter and outside 180 meter.

Audio quality:

The audio stream from mic to pc and back works with wideband audio and is really clear. The only disadvantage - it is monaural and has only one speaker.

Battery lifetime:

The battery in the headset is a Lithium Polymere with 100 hour standby and over 8 hours talk time. Charging time 0-50% = 20 min; 0-100% = 60 min

Conclusion:

I’ve tested many wireless mic’s and headsets and the Sennheiser DW10 Office has the biggest range and a excellent audio quality too. It works fantastic together with VoxCommando so I’m happy to have it.
If you plan to buy a mic to use it with your pc, VoxCommando and phone - take a look on ebay or any other platform to find a Sennheiser DW10 Office (ML, Pro1, Pro2). If you find one for 100-200 EUR it is real a good investment.

Kalle
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:33:52 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: headset test: Sennheiser DW10 Office
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »
Very nice, I'm jealous!

But is it water proof... can you use it in the hot tub?

Do you have any idea what the noise cancellation is like on this? I bet it's good...  ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:09:57 PM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: headset test: Sennheiser DW10 Office
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
Very nice, I'm jealous!

But is it water proof... can you use it in the hot tub?

Do you have any idea what the noise cancellation is like on this? I bet it's good...  ;D
Haha, I think you can use it only for one time in a hot tub  ;)

Boosted productivity – Noise-canceling microphone filters out unwanted background noise
***********  get excited and make things  **********