Author Topic: Play song X multi choice shows song ID  (Read 3406 times)

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
Play song X multi choice shows song ID
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:05:58 AM »
When I use command 'play song X' and it finds several similar songs in my database VC pops up the possible options but it only shows the song ID numbers, obviously I don't know which song is which from that, is it possible to have the options come up to show the full song title and even better with the artist as well?

Cheers

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Play song X multi choice shows song ID
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
yeah, I've been waiting for someone to complain about that.  I'm surprised it took this long!  :biglaugh

It is possible to fix it, but it will be a lot of work... and it will increase memory consumption somewhat as well.  Internally, the speech grammars need to define values to payloads.  I will need to store both the id and the name in that payload so it will grow a bit.

It will look into it though.  I agree that it kind of sucks the way it is now, but it didn't bother me enough to contemplate doing the work.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
Well as a non MP user I guess it wouldnt lol, It's not a big problem, only noticed it happen a few times, just have to have a bit of pot luck.

Was trying to play a song called Joey last night but kept getting Jelly instead with 6 options, i tried the 1st few but just gave up and listened to Jelly.  :biglaugh

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
It should be possible to use the song name instead of the ID.  The only drawback (maybe) of this is that you'll get extra songs.  For example if you ask for the song "Love"  (assuming you have a song in your library that is just called "Love" it will load every song that has love in the title.  but at least your alternates will show in human readable form.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:55:18 AM »
yeah but will only happen on single word titles really, for me anyway because i always ask for the full title rather than just a single word from it to limit the possibility of options.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »
Actually, now that I think about i t, it will only be a problem for two songs that have the same exact title in which case it will play both, which is probably good anyway.

So here's how you fix it yourself. 

Changing the Phrase / Payload:
-Open the editor, browse to the group "Play song X" and then the command "Play Song X" and expand it so you can see the phrase and the payloadXml.
-Double-click the payload called "MpPayloads\MpSongs.xml" to edit its properties
-Change the radio button to "Phrase Only" instead of "Phrase / Value" and click the "Save" button.

Changing the Actions
-double click the lightning bolt next to the command name "Play Song X" to edit the command in the builder
- In the first action which is "MpWifi.RequestMusicBySQL" change the parameter to:      strTitle="{1}"

click "OK", then "Save all and Close"
it should close and then automatically rebuild and all should be peachy. :)

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
only just got round to this but works well, cheers