Author Topic: Show VC's commands (spoken phrases) as text floating over your desktop.  (Read 2133 times)

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
This is not really a xml, but it is a cool application I've made for the integration with my desktop theme. Obviously you can use it as you like it.

The program has 2 purposes:
1-Show the same text as shown in main VC window in real time as a floating transparent text over your desktop.
2-Automatically hide the TTS Talking Head and the text that I mentioned above every time there is any maximized window in the foreground of your screen. Once there is no maximized window anymore, the overlays are displayed again.

The center greenish circle is a modified TTS Talking Head as explained and show in this other thread.
I can't make a video right now, The video is the 3rd post, and below are the screenshots.

I've attached the program itself. It runs as a tray icon and can be started at VC startup if you want.
The program includes the font needed for it to run and will try to install those fonts at startup. So, you will probably need to run the program as an administrator so the fonts are installed. Otherwise it will run with a default font.
To exit the program, or to change the hide/show behavior, just use the tray icon.

Unzip the program to your VC installation folder and then use the following xml for calling the program automatically on startup. Actually it will wait 10 seconds before calling the program. And differently from the video, it will not call the program again if it is already running.
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.5.2-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="ShowSpoken" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="657" name="Restart program on VC startup" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>VC.SetEventTimer</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>10</param>
        <param>StartShowSpoken</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <event>VC.Loaded</event>
  </command>
  <command id="631" name="Start ShowSpoken" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="True">
      <ifType>ProcessRunning</ifType>
      <ifParams>VC_show_spoken&amp;&amp;</ifParams>
      <then>
        <action>
          <cmdType>Launch.RawParam</cmdType>
          <params>
            <param>{Path.VC}\VC_show_spoken.exe</param>
            <param>/blendcolor 0F0F0F /textcolor 3daabe</param>
          </params>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </then>
      <else />
    </if>
    <event>StartShowSpoken</event>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

The program runs completely offline. There are no viruses, spyware, ads, etc.
Completely free with absolutely no cost, but you can pay me a beer if you want.

Next version will allow for changing the text color and position through command line parameters. For now these are fixed values.
v 0.2 does have a help and the optional color parameters. More details in the help.
Version 0.3 will allow allows for choosing the position and size of the text.

Please report any bugs so I can improve the program.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:43:29 PM by marcusvdt »

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
v 0.1 - First release, with color parameters hard coded.
v 0.2 - Added a help dialog; color parameters now can be given as command line parameters; fixed an issue that prevented the program from reattaching to a restarted instance of VC.
v 0.3 - Added new command line parameters (check the help for more details):
    /fontface <font name>
    /fontsize <number>
    /coordX <number>
    /coordY <number>

PS. Somehow this little program has been identified by Avast as a treat. Well I can guarantee this is not a virus, spyware or malware of any type. The program runs offline and does not collect any data as I'm not interested in collecting data from anyone  :P
This probably happened because the program makes use of standard Windows APIs to grab data from a running instance of VoxCommando.

I just reported to Avast that this is a false positive, but judging by the ridiculous number of false positives I've been getting lately, I doubt they actually look at these reports.

Feel free to write me a private message if you want to use the program and feel in doubt.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:34:19 PM by marcusvdt »

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
Ok, here is the video.
I wish I had spoken louder, but the kids were sleeping.

https://youtu.be/10vxfGtwBdc