Author Topic: Error when starting  (Read 1326 times)

Oen

• View Profile
Error when starting
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:10:08 AM »
I just upgraded to the newest version of Vox 2.1.3.3, I also upgraded to Kodi 14 (from XBMC 13).

When I try to launch it now, with Speech Platform 11, I get this error on launch.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Error when starting
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 09:36:10 AM »
Yes.  Sorry about that.

This is an incredibly annoying bug in the Microsoft speech platform (SP) recognition engine.  There is nothing technically wrong with what VC is doing but sometimes the engine will choke when there is a certain combination of commands in the same group.  It can actually happen with the SAPI (non-SP) engine too, but it is much less likely to happen with SAPI.

It is important to note that all other commands should continue to work normally except for the ones in the particular group that is causing this error.

My first suggestion is that since you are using English, unless you are using a Bluetooth microphone, you are probably going to get much better results using the non-SP version of VoxCommando anyway, (especially if you have an accent - since you can train the non-SP version) and you will probably not see this error in the non-SP version of VC.

If you have good reason to use the SP version then you can probably fix this by breaking up the commands from that group into two groups, or by changing the phrases.  In particular the engine does not like combinations of commands that:
- have a lot of optional phrases
- have very similar structures to another command (or commands) in the same group
- have numbers in them (especially in SP which handles numbers very poorly)

I will look at this group and try to recreate the error, and then post new XML you can try ASAP.

I will dedicate some time to this problem today to see if I can find a workaround that can minimize the chances of this occurring.  Since this is Microsoft's 11th version of the engine  :biglaugh one can safely assume that this bug will never be fixed on their end.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:53:51 PM »
Here is an alternative group that should work the same way without causing the error.

Please edit your tree, and delete the group named: XBMC Payload Actions and then replace it with this one by copying and pasting the xml into your tree.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.3.2-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="XBMC Payload Actions" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="365" name="Seek to {1}%" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Player.GetActivePlayers</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>Results.RegEx</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>"playerid": (.*),</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>Player.Seek</param>
        <param>"value":{1},"playerid":{Match.1}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>seek</phrase>
    <phrase optional="true">to</phrase>
    <payloadList>0,5,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,99,100</payloadList>
    <phrase optional="true">percent</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="337" name="setvolume" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="" loopMax="" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.SetVol</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>{1}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>set volume</phrase>
    <payloadList>5,10,15,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100</payloadList>
  </command>
  <command id="429" name="zoom in/out n: {1} {2}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>Input.ExecuteAction</param>
        <param>"action":"zoom{1}"</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>{2}</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Zoom</phrase>
    <payloadList>in,out</payloadList>
    <payloadList optional="true">1,2,3,4,5,10,20</payloadList>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

Oen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »
This worked!

... what is different? Why isn't it in the normal release this way (to prevent others from getting the same error)?