Author Topic: wolfram.xml  (Read 4929 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: wolfram.xml
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 08:34:00 AM »
In this case I dont think an image is much help to explain what you are doing.

Attaching an xml file doesn't make any sense either since there is no xml file involved. It literally is as simple as copy and paste.

Maybe there is something wrong with your system. I have tested with win 8.1 and it works fine.

If you want to eliminate user error then you will need to make a video.  Speaking is optional but we need to see what you are actually doing to know if you are making a mistake.

scherr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:01 AM »
Thanks for the help. I did have a blank line for some reason even selecting <select>.
I took out the blank line by pasting it into notepad and did a copy and paste from there with the same results.
I wanted to try it on my W7 machine but VC was giving all kinds of nonsense just trying to install it.
I want to try the Skype again
( I did have it working when I originally installed it on VC and then Skype said that it was not supporting 3rd party add-ons) however that appears to have changed according to your results.
I have Cortana on a W10 technical preview machine but it doesn't give the level of interaction that can be programed into VC.  Cortana currently doesn't even have the level of performance as it does on the phone.

scherr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 03:31:05 AM »
I just got it to paste into VC :). I opened the file that I saved in notepad with Brackets text editor and then I copied it from Brackets into VC and it pasted. I think there must be some encoding problem because I saved it in notepad as utf -8 which was the best encoding notepad had although the xml file states utf-16.
I don't why an interim step was needed but at least it worked.
I am now going to actually try to use now.
Thanks again!