Author Topic: Please help solve the problem  (Read 1379 times)

Sinner-nah

• View Profile
Please help solve the problem
« on: August 26, 2015, 05:37:38 AM »
My .xml file 100% working,when you download a file produces an error.

Error (re)loading groups;"local" is not a valid token.
Whitespace expected, line 732, position 43.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Please help solve the problem
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:00:14 AM »
The xml file that you posted has many errors in it so I am not sure what you mean by "100% working".  There are many extra " (quotation marks) and line-feed characters throughout the file. (I'm not sure if the extra line-feed characters will cause a problem or not.)

Either the xml file was edited by hand, or the file was somehow modified or corrupted.  The error that you received from VoxCommando was very explicit though and the problem was relatively easy to find and correct.  By looking at the xml file on line 732, position 43 you can see that there is an extra " character which makes the xml invalid.

I am attaching the file with this error corrected so that the file can be loaded by VoxCommando. Unfortunately, I think you will find that there are still many commands that do not work correctly.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:03:34 AM by nime5ter »

Sinner-nah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »
 ;D Thank you very much,I don't have any xml editor and therefore did not notice my mistake sorry. Please tell me what editor I use if not a secret.

I have 1 more not less important question, so I made a program which automatically creates the command, the problem is the ID of the created teams if I do 1 - 5000 ID then the program gives an error that the key is not registered,I put everywhere 1 ID in automatic mode then open the editor in voxcommando and he corrects ID of commands, how can I do that would voxcommando myself when starting was corrected ID ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:28:17 PM »
There is no secret.  :biglaugh

You should NEVER edit the voicecommands.xml file yourself in any kind of text editor.

You should not edit any of the xml files that VoxCommando uses in a text editor.  This includes options files and payload files.  Always use the editing tools provided by VoxCommando or you will most likely run into problems.

You should always edit your commands using the Edit button on the main menu of VoxCommando.  Why would you choose to edit xml by hand when you have a powerful GUI to make command editing as easy as possible?

I only opened the file in a text editor because it was corrupted.  In this case I used notepad++ which is an excellent free program.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:38:26 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »
...so I made a program which automatically creates the command, the problem is the ID of the created teams if I do 1 - 5000 ID then the program gives an error that the key is not registered,I put everywhere 1 ID in automatic mode then open the editor in voxcommando and he corrects ID of commands, how can I do that would voxcommando myself when starting was corrected ID ?

You should not do this either.  Instead of creating hundreds of commands that all do the same thing, you should create one or two commands that use payloadXML files.  If you want to use your own program to create the payloadXML files, you can do this but you must be careful to get the xml syntax 100% correct.