Author Topic: Xml Table not saving Ir codes  (Read 2452 times)

NightSpeed

• View Profile
Xml Table not saving Ir codes
« on: March 09, 2017, 06:47:23 PM »
Hello!! I have found that when trying to use the beam with the auto generated xml in the mapping table it gets confused (so I think). when using the learn ir code through the webpage I get a really long Ir Code that works for me wanting to turn on a led strip. But when I tell VC that i need to program led strip button power on it saves like normal to the mapping table and then I try test that button witch the beam successfully sends that Ir code but it is not the ir code that is needed to turn the led strip on in other words the wrong ir code. Any fix ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Xml Table not saving Ir codes
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 07:06:52 PM »
We cannot help without knowing the exact steps you are taking, what commands you are using and seeing a log of the problem in action. Most likely the fix is to first discover what you are actually doing and then to determine if there is in fact a problem with either the Beam or with VoxCommando or if you are doing something incorrectly.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »
VC 2.2.3.2

the attached picture below works utilizing this feature of the beam (the web page)

however when i tell VC "i want to program case lights" then tell it "I want to program power on" and then press the button on my led remote. When I test it the lights do not come on. buit doing the same steps via the web portal they do !!

I want to be able to send IR codes for my led strips via Beam.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 09:22:18 PM »
It looks like the RAW codes are working with your LED strip but for some reason, the protocol (short) codes, while being identified as NEC codes are not working when you send them.  The simplest solution for you then is to copy and paste the raw code URL from the Beam web page where you are learning them, into a scrape action, or if you intend to do more than a few codes you might want to paste them into a map table manually and then use the map table instead.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Maps

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 03:58:55 AM »
Hi NightSpeed,

is the remote for the strip similar to this one?

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »
I have almost the same lights and remote and I see the same behaviour.  The raw codes work perfectly but they must be using a variation on the NEC protocol that has extra bits in it.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 11:34:14 AM »
I just did some web searches for NEC and IR LED light strip and saw some people using NEC protocols that start with 00.  I tried adding 00 to the beginning of each code and suddenly they work.

So for NightSpeed you can change your power code from:

0xffb04f

to

0x00ffb04f

and it should work.

The XML you are using can probably be adapted quite easily to put the extra zeroes in while learning these codes if you need to do a lot of them,but since it only affects this one remote it is probably easier to just edit them by hand.

NightSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
I did that added the 00 and presto everything works !!! thank you so much guys!!!