Author Topic: Google Search function not working in VC  (Read 1859 times)

vcisawesome

• View Profile
Google Search function not working in VC
« on: May 13, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to utilize the Google Search function however the one that was posted on the link below does not work on my machine. Instead the google page the comes up is the standard google page instead. I have checked the action and Launch link in the XML that is listed in the link and confirmed it is the correct one.  Can someone provide the hyperlink that works and I can then insert that into the Launch.url action?

I have the latest version of VC and would appreciate any help.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=330.new#new

Thank you.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Google Search function not working in VC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:32:06 PM »
Hi vcisawesome.  Welcome to VC.  I'm sure you'll get a lot of mileage from that username. ;)

The commands in that group work fine.  Maybe you are misunderstanding how they are used.

There are two commands in that group.  "google search" and "lucky search".

Both commands use dictation so they will not work with the the SP version of VC.

The google search command will open a search results page... (yes it is the "normal" google search results page) with all the results based on your dictation.

The lucky search command will open the web page of the first (top) hit from the search, based on your dictation.

So assuming you are using the regular version of VC which supports dictation, the correct way to use the command would be to say either:

"Google search are Montreal bagels really the best tasting?"

or

"Lucky search are Montreal bagels really the best tasting?"

In both cases the correct answer is "yes" but I'm not sure what Google will tell you.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:45:37 AM by nime5ter »

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »
as for the bagel you do not need google they are the best  :biglaugh :biglaugh :biglaugh
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

vcisawesome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »
Thank you for the help JitterJames, I am still a little confused though. How do I know what version (SP or not) that I am using? I have the full version 2.0.1.0 running on Windows 7. I have been able to program a lot of commands to open programs and perform various functions but still am having issues with this. How do I load the Non-SP version to try this feature?

Also, when I have Google Chrome open and have a search results page I am unable to select Option 1 and so forth. I am trying to accomplish this as per this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zFoYdHiFgA
but to no avail. Is this the same issue as the above and I need to run an alternate version to the "SP" version? Is there additional XML that is required other than the coding the program came with? A walk-through to set this up properly would be appreciated.

Other than that I am really enjoying this program and have been demonstrating it to my friends, the TTS.Speak (I use Ivona with the Emma voice)  :) . The OSD commands with Weather and Time integration are awesome but I want to take this to the next level now. I have even got some conditional commands/TTS working as well which really makes this come alive.

I use the Amulet remote which is an incredible accessory and am waiting to receive the Om/One Bluetooth Microphone/Speaker shortly to really make this thing fly so I hope you can assist in my request so I can make a Youtube video of my own and showcase this great software.

Regards,

vcisawesome

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 09:51:56 PM »
There are two executables in the VoxCommando folder.
VoxCommando.exe
VoxCommandoSP.exe

If you run the second one then you are using SP.

vcisawesome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 12:28:08 AM »
Thanx JitterJames, the Google search works now. Still trying to figure out how you can select a link in Google Search results page though.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 07:42:35 AM »
You could use keyboard emulation.  Down, down, enter. I'm not doing any of that in the video. Just using lucky searches and alternates when it misunderstands me.