Author Topic: VC settings in Vers 0871  (Read 2283 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
VC settings in Vers 0871
« on: January 28, 2011, 06:16:58 AM »
Hi James,
have taken some time to test the settings in VC 0.871.
Here are some things I have noticed that I do not quite understand.
When I use the "idle timeout cmd" -> vox off, then VC switched to standby mode (yellow).
The background color changes for a few milliseconds to red. I want to say, the VC can not be switched to off mode with "idle timeout cmd" is this a feature?
Next is, I have no idea what can I do with the "Confirmation Command Phrases" (background is, I will update the german manual to Ver.0.871)

Greetings Kalle
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:44:41 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VC settings in Vers 0871
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:03:06 AM »
confirmation commands work with any command that is marked in command builder with a checkmark next to "must confirm".  I'm not sure if auto cancel will work when set to 0, better to set it to 10.  If you don't confirm a command it will cancel after 10 seconds.

Vox is only designed to switch to standby mode, not off mode, but the way this works will change with 0.872 anyway because we are adding events.  Probably it is only going red for an instant because the off command is being called before the standby command.  You are triggering an off command but originally the idea was to restore muted volume, so the order didn't matter.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: VC settings in Vers 0871
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »
confirmation commands work with any command that is marked in command builder with a checkmark next to "must confirm".  I'm not sure if auto cancel will work when set to 0, better to set it to 10.  If you don't confirm a command it will cancel after 10 seconds.

Vox is only designed to switch to standby mode, not off mode, but the way this works will change with 0.872 anyway because we are adding events.  Probably it is only going red for an instant because the off command is being called before the standby command.  You are triggering an off command but originally the idea was to restore muted volume, so the order didn't matter.

Thanks for the explanation  ;D

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********