Author Topic: Number of noob questions  (Read 1946 times)

Bman

• View Profile
Number of noob questions
« on: August 22, 2021, 03:18:58 AM »
Should it take 20 seconds to load the app? First few times I tried to run this it seemed like the app would not start. Couple that with the install didn't bother creating start menu shortcuts so now one sits in the install directory running multiple exe's multiple times aarrrggghhh!!! Not good first impression.

Can someone explain the xml command files to me? I tried to make my own but it keeps loading I guess the "Apply Standard Configuration" file.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Number of noob questions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 09:06:50 AM »
When in doubt read up a bit. There is a ton of information available on this forum and in the Wiki.

The time it takes to load is a function of the command tree and its complexity and the number of plugins activated. And of course the speed of your computer. If you have just installed the app (correctly) and have not generated large payload XML files then it should load quickly.

The app not loading is not normally an issue, but I don't have enough information to know why you experience that, or think you are experiencing it. By default only one instance of the app can be open at a time. If another instance is running in the background that could prevent a new one from opening.

You should not be editing the XML file yourself especially when you do not know what you are doing. You have probably created an invalid XML file which would explain some of the issues. Click edit on the main menu to modify your commands.

Bman

• View Profile
Re: Number of noob questions
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 05:42:30 PM »
Did a test install on my game rig and it run's properly there. Won't be using it there, I use VoiceAttack there. This system is 2019 server 2 sockets 20 cores apiece 128GB so maybe some issue with 2019 or multi-socket system. ???

I had some more issues to pile on here but that does no one any good. I'm just writing it off as a perfect storm of BS. Just answer me this. Does the system always use voicecommands.xml as it's working configuration file? Or is there a way to make other files the default?