Author Topic: Channel Cut Out  (Read 2163 times)

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Channel Cut Out
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
James,
I am using MediaMonkey and vox commando to control my music.  I am outputting from the computer to a two channel amp via the miniplug split to an
RCA connection.  This works fine except on occasion it will cut to only one channel.  I cannot be absolutely certain, but when I ask vox for information, name of song, artist, etc that requires the software to reduce volume and speak, that is when the channel cuts out.  It does not happen every time, but enough to make that function unusable.  As I said, I cannot be sure this is a problem associated with Vox, but it certainly appears to be.  I don't know if you can help with this or not.  Maybe everyone else uses an HDMI connection and eventually I will get there as well, but for now I am stuck with analogue for music.  ???

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Channel Cut Out
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
That's pretty bizarre.  I am inclined to say that it can't possible have anything to do with VoxCommando, but you never know with computers.  There is nothing that I can change in the code, that is for sure.  I have always used analog output for my sound on all my computers (until very recently) and this has never happened to me.

If it happens consistently with a particular command then you should edit the command.  Try removing the action that puts MM into softmute and see if it fixes the problem.  If it does but you can't hear the TTS properly, you can try using MM.pause and MM.play instead.  The thing is, the softmute command is simple adjusting the volume of mediamonkey so you may have a deeper issue with MM, or your computer in general.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
James,
I am using MediaMonkey and vox commando to control my music.  I am outputting from the computer to a two channel amp via the miniplug split to an
RCA connection.  This works fine except on occasion it will cut to only one channel.  I cannot be absolutely certain, but when I ask vox for information, name of song, artist, etc that requires the software to reduce volume and speak, that is when the channel cuts out.  It does not happen every time, but enough to make that function unusable.  As I said, I cannot be sure this is a problem associated with Vox, but it certainly appears to be.  I don't know if you can help with this or not.  Maybe everyone else uses an HDMI connection and eventually I will get there as well, but for now I am stuck with analogue for music.  ???
Hi mclough6,
You can change the settings for the output-pluginin MediaMonkey, maybe it helps. The hardware accelerator could be the reason, try it. (take a right click arround the play button)

Kalle
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:27:04 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
Thanks Kalle,
I will give that a try, but I don't think that is the problem.  We have been conducting extensive testing today and the problem seems to be independent of Vox, Mediamonkey, windows media center, and the audo softaware test program.  My current theory is I have a hardward glitch with the analogue output.  I am going to install an audio card and bypass the onboard sound and see if that fixes the problem.  I didn't want to install the card since it is a creative brand older card and I know they install a ton of bloatware with their software that is difficult to remove.  However, my current situation is intolerable.  I am convinced now that Vox is NOT the problem.  Why did I ever doubt it?  :bonk

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 06:07:56 PM »
it could be the jack, but I hope you also tried a different audio cable to be sure.  I believe there are some inexpensive usb output solutions, but I have no idea what kind of quality you would achieve.  It should be possible to install the creative drivers without the bloatware if you are careful...  I think

mclough6

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »
The card installation and mainboard analogue bypass solution was successful.  I believe I was able to simply install the drivers without the bloat, but I have not checked that out extensively.  I ran my system most of the day yesterday using Vox without any problems.  I am going to live with this solution although ASUS would likely replace my board (too much trouble).  It seems I now have to push more power through the system to drive it, but as I have plenty of power, that is not really an issue.  Thanks again for your responses.