Author Topic: Custom actions and a couple of issues  (Read 7244 times)

Adytum

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Custom actions and a couple of issues
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
The xbmc forum thread is here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=67012

It's quite the chore to compile xbmc with libspotify, but I think somebody posted a downloadable binary towards the last pages of the thread. The author has begun working on a full official addon. Yes, it requires a premium account. The addon works very well, and if it could be integrated to the extent that artists, songs and albums works as the regular music database in xbmc, I'd hardly need any other music source. Currently they need to be starred to show up in the respective listings. Be sure to check out the downloadable backdrops option in the addon if you decide to test it, a great experience!

I haven't tested the new version yet, but I'll do it tomorrow, and have a look at your new method for searching shows.

Adytum

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 07:22:20 AM »
Sorry for the delay, but yes, finding X-files works just fine with the newer version! Thanks!

Just bought the program, and a ps3 eye, works surprisingly well for the low budget!

One more question: If I want to use the volume commands with system volume instead of xbmc volume, is http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html the easiest way, or is there a better solution?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 07:30:23 AM »
there are a number of actions for setting the system volume directly in VoxCommando such as

Sound.SetVol, Sound.AdjustVol, Sound.GetVol   etc.

the only reason to use something like nircmd is if you need to target multiple output devices instead of the default audio output.

Adytum

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
Ah, thanks, I couldn't find the command for the life of me!