Author Topic: Kodi 14 "Helix" - and some Vera plugin  (Read 3905 times)

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Kodi 14 "Helix" - and some Vera plugin
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:04:20 PM »
I am using micasaverde addons(device in vera)  to get the state of kodi ( play, pause, resume).  Vc shows the actions in the window and I use those actions as triggers in vc to run a vera scene and also to mute/unmute my mic.

I have tried 2 of the addons seperately with the same results.  The log i attached shows the sequence of starting the movie, then pausing it and then resuming. 

edit-  I have taken the vera stuff out and retested.   I get the same error with vc getting the info from kodi on just the play command.   this is the log with out vera interferring.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:31:43 PM by keithj69 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Kodi 14 "Helix" - and some Vera plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »
I am using micasaverde addons(device in vera)  to get the state of kodi ( play, pause, resume).  Vc shows the actions in the window and I use those actions as triggers in vc to run a vera scene and also to mute/unmute my mic.
OK.  Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.  I don't know why you would use Vera to get the play state of Kodi, nor how this relates to VC.  What actions does VC show, in what window, and what does this have to do with Vera plugins?

If you want to know the play state of KODI you don't need to involve Vera in any way.  VC generates events based on KODI by itself.  You can assign these events to any commands you want in VC to do whatever you want with them.  Is that what you are talking about?  If so, what do these Vera plugins have to do with it, and what actual plugins are you talking about?  Can you provide links to them?

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »
"If you want to know the play state of KODI you don't need to involve Vera in any way.  VC generates events based on KODI by itself. "

I was having sporadic results with vc reporting back, that is why i went the vera route. I retested and have another log in my last post.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »
"If you want to know the play state of KODI you don't need to involve Vera in any way.  VC generates events based on KODI by itself. "

I was having sporadic results with vc reporting back, that is why i went the vera route. I retested and have another log in my last post.

If you are having problems with a plugin for Vera, you might want to consider contacting the maker of that plugin.  If you want us to try to help you with a Vera plugin you will need to at least send us a link to the plugin in question.  Maybe someone will take an interest in trying it out to see if they have the same issues.

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 05:05:03 PM »
understood.

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 05:28:40 PM »
When only using the Kodi addon supplied by voxcommando on kodi helix, I have discovered that the play function has an error.  I am not using any other add-ons in vera or kodi.  It is not tied to any command in VC anymore.  I am reporting on what i see in the history window and experience.

With the sequence of playing a movie/music/tv show, then pausing, then playing again, the play command generates a xJson.duplicateEvent error in the history window. 
Once I restart vc, I get to leverage the XBMC.player.onPlay.* once.  next time i hit play, regardless of how long in between using the play button the duplicate error happens again.

I have unplugged the veralight, then rebooted the kodi pc, and restarted vc to have the same error.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 05:40:06 PM »
Ah.

So nothing at all to do with Vera.

This is an issue with the xJson plugin and the way that it generates events based on communication with XBMC/Kodi.

Try replacing the xJson dll with the attached one.

It goes in yourVCfolder\plugins\XJson

You might need to "unblock" the dll.

keithj69

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 05:44:42 PM »
tested with movies, music and tv shows, it works. thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 10:49:43 AM »
Thanks.

Sometimes communicating / understanding the problem is much harder than the actual fix!  :bonk