Author Topic: The VoxKinecto Alpha Test  (Read 11550 times)

fattybunter

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: The VoxKinecto Alpha Test
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
I'm finally able to load up any of VoxKinectoAEC, NoAEC, and NOAECforFatty.  Results:

• Extremely high positives (~99%) when the room is quiet.
  • A lot of false positives (~30-90% confidence) when video is playing
  • Looks like the angle is unreliable
  • Pretty sure I get better results with plain Vox

I'm going to experiment some more with some Prefixes to see if that gets better results

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 05:47:28 PM »
do you have any idea what changed?  Did you install something new?

fattybunter

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 07:51:54 PM »
VoxKinecto.exe still gives me the same error I was always getting.  Nope, I didn't change anything :(

tranbert

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »
Hi, from Paris France....

Just testing voxkinecto, and I got a question :

Do you have to use speech models and recognition "made by kinect" or is it possible to use only  the tracking part of SDK and use windows speech recognition ?

When you use kinect as a standard mic, it's only a stereo mic, not array, but it works (on my french speaking/listening voxcommando...)

So using only the array part should be OK... Maybe it's already what voxkinecto does, so why only english speech model ?

I'm a little confused....  ???

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »
to answer your question I would need to know what you mean by "tracking".

In order to use the features of the array microphone, you need to use the sdk, which means you need to use the kinect speech model (as far as I know), which means English only.  Hurray Microsoft! <not>

If you are talking about tracking with the camera, then yes, you can use that, and keep using the regular version of VoxCommando which supports other languages, profiles, learning etc.

Edit:
it might also be possible to detect the direction that sound is coming from and turn VC on and off from that, but keep using the regular stereo microphone input with regular VC but I'm not sure it is worth the trouble.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:08:57 PM by jitterjames »

tranbert

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 04:28:29 AM »
to answer your question I would need to know what you mean by "tracking".

In order to use the features of the array microphone, you need to use the sdk, which means you need to use the kinect speech model (as far as I know), which means English only.  Hurray Microsoft! <not>

VoilĂ ... It was the question.... No array microphone if you don't use speech model...  It's strange, because the array is seen a a device in windows, should be usable as a standalone device... Grrrr

In fact for image tracking, Kinemote is "better" (but 99.999% beta) because it tracks only the hand, so you can be a couch potato and use your kinect ;-)

All this is early development, i'll wait and stay tuned on this (and learn c++ ?)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 08:23:07 AM »
I know, you shouldn't even need to install the SDK to get the benefits of the array!  Anyway, with or without it I haven't found the results to be so great.  I get too many false positives with the Kinect.