Author Topic: Voxcommando with Broadlink RM Pro+  (Read 1972 times)

gavimobile

• View Profile
Voxcommando with Broadlink RM Pro+
« on: November 01, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »
I would like to share with everyone my success with how I got the inexpensive $40 smart home solution from Broadlink called the RM Pro+ to work with voxcommando. I see there was some talk about this on the forum and on the net but this is a topic which seems to be lacking documentation. I remember having trouble trying to find information about this online. So I really hope it will be helpful to some of you viewers.

Since I don't have much time to invest in to this tutorial. I will write what I did or what I remember and with your comments and/or questions, ill hopefully get around to making modifications to this post. A small windows software called Broadlink Manager needs to be downloaded. I'll put a link below. Once installed, you can use the oneclick command line tool which is very useful for running IR commands which your RM Pro device learned. After downloading and installing, connect to your RM+ through the app and add your IR codes. Then, create batch scripts for voxcommando to run your IR script. Since my tv has the same IR code for tv off and tv on, I created one script which triggers the power button followed by a TTS response from voxcommando saying "tv off" and another one for "tv on".
here is my script

Code: [Select]
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Broadlink Manager"
Broadlink.OneClick.exe tv-onoff

Ive attached a download link for the software.

Enjoy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:47:43 PM by gavimobile »

gavimobile

• View Profile
Re: Voxcommando with Broadlink RM Pro+
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 04:13:48 PM »
wow! so glad it helped you.