Author Topic: A few issues I found  (Read 1413 times)

nathanrm

• View Profile
A few issues I found
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »
I recently purchased VoxCommando, and really like it.  I've found a few issues while using it:
1.) Cloning a command doesn't copy the description.
2.) If the edit screen is open and main screen is closed, there's no prompt to save the edits.
3.) When the edit screen is closed after making changes, I have to restart VoxCommando for the changes to take effect.

I'm using version 0.921 of VoxCommando on Windows 7.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: A few issues I found
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »
I recently purchased VoxCommando, and really like it.  I've found a few issues while using it:
2.) If the edit screen is open and main screen is closed, there's no prompt to save the edits.
3.) When the edit screen is closed after making changes, I have to restart VoxCommando for the changes to take effect.

Hi nathan, welcome to VC forum. Please test the version from here http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=668.msg5138#new

@ point 3: VC must rebuild the grammar, so it is correct and not a bug.

@ point 2: I have never close the main screen before closing the edit window, that is a curious way ;)

@ point 1: I must take a look of this issues

Greatings Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: A few issues I found
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »
I recently purchased VoxCommando, and really like it.  I've found a few issues while using it:

Hi Nathan, Welcome to the community.  I'm always happy to hear about people using VC for new purposes (thinking of your other post) and also appreciate people taking the time to share their ideas and provide bug reports.

1) Thanks for pointing this out.  I"m releasing a new update quite soon and will fix this issue.

2) I will look at this.  It is definitely not ideal behaviour.  I will fix this in the next update.

3) I'm not sure about 0.921 but in 0.934 it will auto-rebuild and restart after any changes that affect how commands are spoken (if enabled in options > advanced > grammar cache updates).  It's not 100% effective though depending on what you change.  Currently if you only change command actions and don't touch phrases or payloads it won't auto-restart.  Usually after edits, it is enough to do a quick restart. (File > Quick Restart)  This at the very least will reload your edited commands, but should also rebuild grammars if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:42:08 PM by jitterjames »