Author Topic: J River Media Center  (Read 20681 times)

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: J River Media Center
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2012, 12:51:36 PM »
I tried to send you my folder it's only 5 mb in size and it kicked back as not received.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
you should be able to email it to me, but rename the .zip to .jpg or gmail will detect the .exe and reject it.

if you are using rar or something other than .zip please let me know what I should restore the file extension to.

either that or use dropbox or yousendit or some such thing.  thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »
dropbox is free:

http://db.tt/0Hvw4J1

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2012, 08:49:02 AM »
I can't be certain but I imagine the problem is caused by the mouse actions that you have added to your play command.  They are probably clicking on another song, after it calls up the correct one.  ::club

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »
If that's the case, it wouldn't call up a correct song at all.

I did some testing last night with 2 different libraries, 1 library calls with less songs calls up the songs perfectly using the same command above.

It seems like the larger the library gets the worse the issue becomes, and it looks to be Jriver specific issue, cause XBMC works perfectly after i cleaned up the tags.

Also, if i'm calling up a song by Ace of Base "the sign, Coldplay "coming home" shouldn't even be an option to be clicked on.

Jriver is a mouse heavy program, the extra clicks are needed to give certain areas in the screen focus.  So when I call a song it goes into the Playing Now view, from there you can switch to different visuals effect by saying "Next View".....Oddly enough when you leave from a screen and return the focus could be on the volume, the rating or the song position.  So the next view command, would lower the volume, or rewind the song.

I'll remove the mouse commands but i guarantee that cold play song will still end up showing up.....It's tied wrong somehow, even when i ask what song is this, it says "The Sign" even though the Coldplay song is up.

I got the GenXML to work, so now i can switch between libraries, and have vox re-gen the xml behind the scenes.  I found out the command in the builder doesn't give you the onscreen display like when you click on GENJRIVER, it just quietly does it in the back ground.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:48:47 PM by rablack97 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »
If that's the case, it wouldn't call up a correct song at all.
Sure it would.  It all depends on what is on the screen where the mouse is clicking.  It will depend on what has the focus and what view mode you are in etc. etc. etc.  When I first tested it, it kept clicking the test button which put me into an endless loop.  It's not the best approach in my opinion.

OK.  So maybe your installation of JRiver is messed up.  Not very surprising from what I've seen so far.  I don't have this issue personally.  If it is reporting the wrong song as well that's a pretty clear sign that there is something wrong, but as far as I can tell it has nothing at all to do with VoxCommando.

Just having J.River installed seems to slow my system down, even when it is not running.  I think I will just have to call it and say there will be no more support for this program.  If you can get it to work for you great.  Otherwise, sorry.

rablack97

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2012, 06:15:06 PM »
Ok thanks, had no idea it was causing you issues to work on it.

I'm not as code saavy as you are so the methods probably look primitive to you, I was just trying to get an idea of how it all works.

As it looks like i'm the only person interested in using your program with Jriver, i'll just tinker with it here and there and what works works and what doesn't work, oh well.

Appreciate the time you did spend on it .....Have a good one...