Author Topic: Yeti Blue Pro  (Read 1546 times)

Spenner11

• British laddo, kicking it in B.C
    • View Profile
Yeti Blue Pro
« on: November 02, 2014, 10:32:12 PM »
I recently picked up a Yeti Blue Pro Microphone, its was $50 so as opposed to the retail of $190, I was more than happy to give my cash to the local pawn shop for this nice looking USB Microphone.

Iv found this microphone to be really good, it has multiple settings built onto the mic with a gain control on the mic itself too!
Iv been getting 70% recognition levels with it using VC.
This seems to be the average, open air up to about 8ft away! Perfect for my living room set up up!

My only problem is my surround sound system, if music is playing and the full surround is on, VC has a little trouble understanding me, an easy fix for now is to switch off the rear surround, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get around this issue?

Cheers
Jamie

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Yeti Blue Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:23:39 AM »
Yes they look like decent microphones, though probably quite over priced if you buy them at the regular price.

My only problem is my surround sound system, if music is playing and the full surround is on, VC has a little trouble understanding me, an easy fix for now is to switch off the rear surround, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get around this issue?
Not really.  The reality is that your voice needs to be significantly louder than the other sound picked up by the mic in order to work reliably.

You should start by setting the input gain on the mic or in windows settings to a level much lower than you think you should. If it does not work well, then slowly increase the input level until it starts to work.

The other option is to use an intercom philosophy where you signal that you want to speak somehow and this mutes your audio output and starts listening. How you create this signal is up to you, but if you want to use a voice command it needs to be able to hear the command, so some other way like pressing a button or using a motion sensor etc. is called for.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:23:23 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 08:25:51 AM »
And by the way this question has been asked and answered and discussed about a million times already.  :P

Spenner11

• British laddo, kicking it in B.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 11:14:23 AM »
I think Iv read about half of the previously asked and answered questions James haha, just thought id try my luck to see if anything new may have come to light  ;D
I guess for now I will just stick to turning my rear speakers off, as VC works perfectly with music playing that way.

The mic itself I would recommend, but as you say James, unless you can pick one up cheaper than the RRP, It would not be my first choice!

Thanks again for all the help and advice!
You're doing a sterling job Sir!