Author Topic: Multiplie Kodi client support  (Read 1575 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Multiplie Kodi client support
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:19:11 PM »
Bear with me I know this doesn't make as much sense on the surface.
But w/ VC's API I find it handy to do stuff with the API calls w/ tellvox...etc.
So sometimes be easier if I could just use my laptop to do something on an ancillary kodi client.
Would it ever be possible/considered to support additional kodi clients?
 I know I think I could run multiple instances on the same machine but i think just being able to make leveraging a single VC instance would be nicer.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplie Kodi client support
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 12:04:01 AM »
could you give me an example of what you mean?

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 12:11:38 AM »
I have a KODI instance in the living room.
i have a VC instance. I have an amulet remote. Sometimes if its charging or whatever reason, I will use the HTTP API to do things.
I also have a KODI instance on an RPi2 in the bedroom. There is no VC/remote in the bedroom.
My wife is newer to the country and sometimes asks me to do things or throw something up(even when I'm not home) It would be easier to just make a call to tellvox to play this or that until I make some custom playlist.

I was hoping in VC could have a default kodi instance but also put ancillary inputs so perhaps in the API could call regular command but add some syntax for an alternate KODI instance to send command to.

I know theres other tools and searches avail but remotely the HTTP API from VC is really convenient / nice and I can still leverage VC's xml and stuff to do things or control other devices so its nice if I can still leverage the main instance vs managing a separate one.
Some of the kodi webguis get sluggy on a big db like mine and when I know exactly what I want to do it can certainly be easier as always via VC even with the HTTP API when voice is unavailable.
I for instance even have  bookmark saved to just set amp volume back to default if for whatever reason its been changed that I just click the bookmark / shortcut...etc. I even sometimes run generate xml while i'm at work remotely via my ssh tunnel.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:17:21 AM by vulcanjedi »

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 12:53:18 AM »
for issuing commands to a remote Kodi you can use the XJson.SetConnection action and then any Kodi Command issued will control the Remote Kodi  untill you use XJson.SetConnection to connect back to your main Kodi,

I created a Command Called Send 2: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1954.msg16839#msg16839

These commands allow you to send playing media from one device to another, and should work with your RPi, if anything it gives you a good example on how you can control a Remote instance of Kodi.