Author Topic: VoxWav Pro Force Close but Free version works  (Read 1344 times)

Boojangles87

• View Profile
VoxWav Pro Force Close but Free version works
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:59:23 AM »
Hello - I'm on Android 4.1.2 and the Pro version gives me "Unfortunately VoxWav has stopped" error immediately when the app loads. I installed the free version to see if it did the same thing and it does not. It works.

I've uninstalled the Pro version and re-installed from the Play Store. I've cleared the data on the app as well. I've restated the phone.

Any ideas? What other information would be helpful from me?

Thanks for your help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav Pro Force Close but Free version works
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:31:39 AM »
That is Odd.  I have tested VoxWav Pro on a Galaxy S2 phone and an Acer Tablet.  Both are running Android 4.1.2 without issues.

I suspect it may be a language or TTS issue.

Can you please tell me

1) The actual model of your device and any other information that might be useful, like is it rooted, are you running a custom ROM etc.

2) What are your language settings for text display and TTS ?  Do you have any extra TTS engines installed etc.

If you are not running in English, can you please try to set your Android settings to English for both display and TTS and try again and let us know how it goes?

Do you know on what date you purchased VoxWav Pro?  If we can't get this sorted I will certainly give you a refund, but with a bit of patience I think we will probably be able to fix it.

Boojangles87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
The TTS pointed me in the right direction. I had gone through disabling applications I didn't think I needed and the Google TTS app/service was one of them. Enabled it and VoxWav Pro loads right up.

Thanks much!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »
Excellent.  Thanks for lettings us know!  Perhaps it will prove useful to others.  ;D